April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

19 May 2023 13:28 #45633 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Poor horsey :unsure:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2023 11:31 #45690 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
All the new episodes of Prehistoric Planet are now available so I shall begin watching those now that I have some extra time from not having to watch Blender tutorials.
Also I've been watching a couple of episodes of Silo, which is interesting even if it is very reminiscent of Ascension. Hope it doesn't have the same twist. :dry:

26 May 2023 17:53 #45691 by Charlotte
Í wish I had access to Prehistoric Planet :pout:
Now that I've finished Supergirl there's not really any series left, that I want to follow. Guess I'll have to catch up on my movies-to-watch list...

27 May 2023 20:58 #45696 by Valence
Yes, I've been collecting a few recorded movies recently to watch ...erm... sometime. :lol:
And I've been thinking about having a Prometheus/Covenant double bill over this weekend. I don't think I've watched them together and maybe the continuity will help me appreciate them a little better. Or not. :)

I've got another hour or so to decide. :stare:

27 May 2023 21:27 #45697 by Charlotte
I can't even remember what Covenant is, but I vaguely recall Prometheus being something I didn't like. :dry:

28 May 2023 11:57 #45698 by Valence
Yes, it was still disappointing this time as well. :)

28 May 2023 19:13 #45700 by Charlotte
After having played Planet Nomad in my usual obsessed way (leaving both unfinished Subnautica and Skyrim adventures behind and possibly forgotten.... might be time to get back to those) I turned it off when it was time to rebuild my incredibly slow and non-manoeuvrable air truck, and decided to watch a film. Which is why this isn't in the wrong thread. :dry:

I decided to watch The Pale Blue Eye. Not sure what I think. Was the real Poe that strange and incomprehensible? There was a lot of dialogue where I felt like they said something that didn't make sense while apparently meaning something else, which they understood just fine but I didn't. But in spite of not quite following, the plot itself wasn't particularly mysterious and some of the clues a bit too glaringly obvious. (A family ashamed of their past who puts their black-sheep ancestors portrait on the wall and keep a super rare book - possibly the only copy in existence - just lying around in the library?) I did not see the plot twist at the end coming, although in hindsight I feel I should have. Regardless, I didn't like it. The twist, that is. Still divided on the film as a whole.

03 Jun 2023 12:24 #45738 by Charlotte
I have finished Fubar, which felt a bit too long as a series and probably would have done better as a movie. The jokes were a bit dated, as in they were kind of the same jokes Arnold would do in the 80ies, maybe 90ies. The bickering between his character and his daughter was a bit tiresome, too. And the last episode ended in a way that suggests - very strongly - that they want to make a second season. Whether they actually will, I've no idea. I wouldn't be sad if they didn't...

Today I watched the second episode of the third season of Sanditon on SVTplay, right after breakfast.... I had planned to save it a bit longer :P Anyway, I then proceeded to find one called Gentleman Jack on HBO, which is also period drama. Suranne Jones plays Anne Lister who was a real person, once upon a time. The series is based off of her journals. I'm not sure why the series is called Gentleman Jack as Anne is called Fred by at least one of her female lovers. But Suranne does a good job of portraying this no nonsense woman who dresses in a sort of half male style and does things that are considered "men's work" (like driving carriages or collecting rent, in the first episode). She does occasionally wink at the camera, which doesn't bother me exactly, but it's a bit unnecessary, breaking the fourth wall or whatsitscalled.

03 Jun 2023 14:22 #45739 by Valence
I've just finished watching The Swarm which was a little bit weak. It became a bit more interesting in the final two episodes but it took far too long to get to that point.
Still watching those dinosaurs too (Beelzebufo! :cheer:) but I've paused Silo for a while because the episodes are being released weekly. :eyeroll:

03 Jun 2023 21:33 - 03 Jun 2023 21:34 #45741 by Valence
I read the other day that the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is free to watch on YouTube.... if you're in America. :pout:

Time to check out if that browser based VPN works.
And it does! :cheer:
Unfortunately I don't really like watching "TV" on my PC so I've been trying and failing to download the first episode onto a USB stick. It keeps cutting out after about 70MB. :shakefist:
Oh, well. Maybe I should try and get comfy at my computer desk. :shrug: