April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

09 Oct 2022 14:12 #42402 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I have started watching the new series of Dexter and after two episodes I'm pleasantly surprised at how good it is, considering the previous endings. :dry:
And I've now seen the annoying kids in House of the Dragon. :aha:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Oct 2022 18:19 #42440 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Watching the latest episode of House of the Dragon there has been another time jump and the kids all have new actors. The eldest of Alicent's kids, who was quite thin, is now rather pudgy (which I guess might fit his character but still seems an unlikely development of the facial features) and the younger, who looked kind of sleepy, unfit and (may the actor forgive me) quite daft is now looking kind of like I would have expected his elder brother to look... :huh:

Both seem creepy, though. (May those actors forgive me too...:dry: )
And they all seem to age at different speeds, from the king and his brother, to the kids/cousins, where Rhaenyra's kids still seem quite young when they were almost the same age as at least their youngest cousin, as kids...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Oct 2022 18:59 #42441 by Valence

...who looked kind of sleepy, unfit and (may the actor forgive me) quite daft...

:lol:

11 Oct 2022 19:04 #42442 by Charlotte
I looked up the Aemond who now looks older than his elder brother. According to the internet, which, as we know, is always right, he was born in March of this year. :dry: Kids these days. They grow up so fast!

The same site is also referring to itself in third person. "According to the wiki [that page] he is... etc."

Anyway, seeing photos of what he really looks like, he could have played Matt Smith's (I mean Daemon's) son. If only he had grown up a bit slower, as those kids are still toddlers...

13 Oct 2022 11:47 #42460 by Valence
I've apparently finished season two of Raised By Wolves.
I fell asleep through the final episode without realising it was the final episode. :dumb:
I may try again sometime. :shrug:

17 Oct 2022 16:35 #42509 by Charlotte
With a headache that's just too bad to let me do anything much, I started watching a movie on Netflix, "The Curse of Bridge Hollow". It's a silly/comedy movie about a family who moves to a new town and their teen kid doesn't wanna move... like all such stories, apparently. Anyway they move into a house that some other teens claim is haunted and it's Halloween and ll the Halloween décor comes to life and you can see how this guy "struggling" against an attacking piece of décor is actually holding it up himself. So yeah, silly... The main character is the girl who played Erica Sinclair in Stranger Things.

I might try to find something else to watch... :dry: (I don't think it's aimed at my age group, anyway...)

17 Oct 2022 21:37 - 17 Oct 2022 21:38 #42517 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I've still been hammering away constantly, putting all my time in the evenings and weekends on getting the basement done. ... The more I see the finish line, the further it feels like it's moving away from me!

So the other day, I decided to not even look, and just threw on sometime. I think it was in a 'watch it again?' list, but it was The Walking Dead. Then figured that will work. I only peak in when taking a break, especially since I'm working more in the newer room, which I can't see the TV from. But I do get sound, and with the final episodes airing now, it should work out.

But wow, without commercials, you can really buzz through the seasons. Just started last weekend, and think I'm in the 8th season? already. (recording all the new ones, so will watch those when they come up in order)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

18 Oct 2022 11:48 #42521 by Valence
Yes, I might try and pay some Disney money to watch the new ones when all the episodes are there. :)

Last night I finished Dexter: New Blood and really enjoyed it. And that was the kind of ending the previous season should have had. :stare:

18 Oct 2022 17:41 #42528 by Charlotte
Fascinating how Sam can be reading online about a spell that "hasn't been used for 300 years and was ever only known by one person". :dumb:

19 Oct 2022 17:29 #42535 by Charlotte
I started watching The School of Good and Evil on Netflix thinking it was a series but apparently it's a movie... Oops. It's got a really annoying narrator voice, except the voice is also a character of sorts (so at least sometimes the main characters can hear it talk).