April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

09 Sep 2022 17:46 - 09 Sep 2022 19:10 #41982 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
A vampire who, in spite of looking younger than he did 500 years ago (and nobody comments on this), in need of glasses?

And not for reading either. Simply for handing something readable over to somebody else. :dry:

Edit: And they trace the missing pages of a book by tracing the book's whereabouts after the pages were already ripped out. And also in today's batch of illogical, they have determined that a disease is not genetic but depending on the human DNA of the vampire to be. Yet the disease still follow distinct "blood lines" and the unafflicted are still carriers. Which means it HAS to be something in the blood of the afflicted vampires too, not just the human DNA. Maybe they mean that to be "a given" but it sounds more like they just forgot. 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2022 20:08 #41994 by Charlotte
I've finished A Discovery of Witches and I STILL don't know how daemons are different. I'm GUESSING they might have super human strength, like the vampires and they do seem to all be "creatives" in some way. Artists and poets etc. Anyway, I've been almost exclusively watching HBO so I decided to pop into Netflix and see if there's anything new. Tried watching a Spanish comedy horror movie called Hollyblood but gave up pretty quickly. It was just too silly (and high-school people, as usual). But I think I might enjoy the series "Wednesday". As in Miss Addams. Though I've already forgotten when it'd be available. :dumb:

11 Sep 2022 17:48 - 11 Sep 2022 18:00 #42007 by Charlotte
I dunno why HBO keeps switching to Swedish subtitles when I prefer to have them in English but in today's episode of Supernatural the translators have managed to get "Mace" wrong twice. The first time they translated it to "magic wand" and the second to the self defence spray kind... But it's supposed to be the medieval weapon (the episode features a bunch of larpers)

:eyeroll:

Edit: And now HBO is just... "spinning". I guess it might be my connection but at least other pages and stuff load. :pout: 

13 Sep 2022 12:43 #42025 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

13 Sep 2022 13:29 #42026 by Charlotte
Is it just me or has the trend of trailers gone from "explaining everything so you don't need to see the movie/series" to "completely incomprehensible and you have no idea what you just watched"?

And... for the werewolf black and white trailer there, the cheerful little Disney plink at the end kind of ruined the whole thing :P Though I'm not sure I cared for it anyway.

Regarding Knives out, I'll probably see it even if I didn't care for Craig's character in the first one.

13 Sep 2022 13:31 #42027 by Banj
Maybe he'll do some detective work in this one 

13 Sep 2022 13:47 #42028 by Charlotte
I won't hold my breath...

13 Sep 2022 14:11 #42029 by Banj
Once Upon a Time at Hogwarts 

14 Sep 2022 14:08 #42033 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Last night I started watching The Silent Sea and it seems interesting enough so far. But even though I admire their commitment to showing the lower gravity on the moon it does occasionally look like the Ministry Of Silly Walks as they hop around in their space suits. :)

14 Sep 2022 14:27 #42034 by Banj
I think that's one I still have sat waiting on my watch list. A few weeks back I did watch The Wandering Earth which turned out to be the Chinese equivalent of a Roland Emerich film.