April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

20 Oct 2022 18:02 #42552 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Today I finished watching The School of Good and Evil. All in all not too bad for a kid's movie and while not unexpected I rather liked the "logic" of much of it and how reason kind of won in the end. I had a much longer and fancier resume in my head a while ago but I can't be bothered trying to remember it. :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2022 19:21 #42555 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, I noticed that pop up while watching Star Treks on Netflix. And I too was uncertain whether it was a tv show or movie. I may watch it one weekend when I'm not fitting in House Of The Dragon.

And now I have begun watching Boardwalk Empire. :stare:

22 Oct 2022 23:33 #42603 by Valence
I am now watching Effie Grey on Netflix, mainly because it's on my watch list and they've just told me it'll be disappearing at the end of the month. :)

23 Oct 2022 09:34 #42605 by Charlotte
I'm not sure I even heard of Effie Grey.

23 Oct 2022 11:39 #42606 by Valence
She was one of those Pre Raphaelite women who occasionally appears in old paintings in between the usual artist scandals. :)
The film was a little duller than I expected and it was hard to stay awake through the last 30 minutes but that may also be due to me being soooooo tired. :(

23 Oct 2022 11:44 #42607 by Charlotte
Hmm I do know I have heard of one of those pre-rafaelite "muses", whom I think was together with more than one of the artists... From art history class 25 or so years ago... I can't recall her name, though. Just that she was like "the one model they all used" (almost).

23 Oct 2022 11:58 #42608 by Valence
Probably Lizzie Siddal.
In fact the movie got a bit confused and implied that Effie was the model for certain paintings that were famously portraits of Lizzie Siddal. :eyeroll:

23 Oct 2022 12:04 #42609 by Charlotte
That name does sound familiar, so yes, probably her :)

23 Oct 2022 15:46 #42611 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park

And now I have begun watching Boardwalk Empire. :stare:

I rather enjoyed Boardwalk Empire. But like all series, they did have some spots I started to feel were dragging or simply trying to keep the story going. But overall it was enjoyable and I think they did well on keeping you interested in the storylines. ... I'm still on the Walking Dead, Season 9? But missed watching many yesterday since I spent the entire day splitting wood. (Still have 3 more 200+ lb. sections of Oak to split.) Did 6 of them yesterday, but got a bit of a late start, but still worked until I lost light. - Not sure if I feel like pulling the splitter back out this morning, or just waiting until next weekend to do those and just spend some time in the basement today?

If so, I will probably try to knock out more of the sanding in the Shop area, since it's the last of the construction phase. "I can't wait to get this all done!" But either way, will be staying busy.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

24 Oct 2022 18:35 #42623 by Charlotte
That was the last of season 1 of House of the Dragon. And they haven't even started filming season 2 yet. Have to say episode 10 didn't feel like an end of season cliff hanger but more like they just abruptly stopped the story mid season. But at least they do plan on a continuation, so I won't whine too loudly about it.