May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

05 Jan 2022 13:24 #38873 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Yes. The Ferengi was made out to be a nuisance throughout the galaxy...

And in the current episode they're matching the decay constant of radioactive isotopes with the frequency of a singularity, in order to determine how far into the future O'Brien will time travel. I'm really not sure how that will work. :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2022 14:18 #38875 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
As long as he doesn't change into a salamander or something, everything should be fine 

05 Jan 2022 14:49 #38876 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

Remember when the Ferengi were made out to be this terrifying race and were feared throughout the galaxy? 

And they had whips!
And they ran around like twitchy, hyperactive children.

But I did like the end of that future O'Brien episode...

"Dabo!" :lol:

05 Jan 2022 15:12 #38879 by Charlotte
Dabo! :woohoo: :D

08 Jan 2022 17:24 #38912 by Valence
Was that the Wild Hunt in the clouds? :ohmy:
*wants to watch next episode but will be patient instead*

08 Jan 2022 18:35 #38914 by Charlotte
*can't recall*
I've watched through 1st season again and I can't recall if I felt like it wasn't the end of a season, last time, but that's how I felt now. So I'll probably watch at least the first episode of the second season again, already.

08 Jan 2022 18:47 #38916 by Valence

*can't recall*

That's OK, I didn't want you to spoil anything. :lol:
I was just at the spooky Triss/Ciri vision bit. :)

Enjoying it so far, it seems a bit more consistent than season one and they do seem to be introducing more things that are not in the books. (well not in the ones I've read so far. I paused after Time Of Contempt so as not to interfere with my viewing. :P)

08 Jan 2022 19:14 #38917 by Charlotte
Are the books any good? I've considered reading them, maybe. But I think they need to be better than the series, even though I am enjoying it better now.

I've looked up maps today, just to have an idea of what directions they're all moving in and to understand why Sodden was so important. Still not sure why, especially as they can magically portal themselves anywhere. (Which also makes it difficult to keep track of their movements - and it doesn't help that decades pass in the first season.)

08 Jan 2022 19:43 #38918 by Valence
I did like that timeline gag about Dandelion's songs in the previous episode. :lol:

I would say the books are more "enjoyable" rather than actually being "good" in a literary way. I think they act as a interesting companion to the games that fill in details about the characters and world but as a standalone fantasy series they do feel a bit flimsy and are painfully episodic at the start. The first two books (which season one covers) are actually collections of short stories and even Blood Of Elves (which is half the content of this season) still manages to be episodic even though it's a longer story. It's not until the fourth one that you start to get into a more complicated narrative about the politics.
And that is where I've paused. :)
But I do plan to pick them up again after finishing the series. I know that the hardcore book fans really dislike the changes/additions in the show but all book fans are like that really. :dry:

08 Jan 2022 20:05 #38919 by Charlotte
I don't remember that gag... :dry: I don't remember almost anything :dumb:

As for the books, I think they'll remain on my maybe list. I never did manage to get into the second Witcher game, so maybe I need to play that and W3, before I move on to any books...