May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

01 Jan 2022 01:13 - 01 Jan 2022 01:15 #38783 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Dark is a German thing and it is very good but towards the end I did have to look online at the flowcharts that explain the timelines. :lol:

Have you watched the movie "Tenet", Dave? That has similar levels of confusion. :)

I now have just two episodes left of The Mandalorian and I really want to watch them now after singing away to the theme tune of the previous episode. But no. Save them for another day. :stare:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jan 2022 09:53 #38784 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Tenet? Isn't that an Egyptian board ga... oh, no, that's Senet. I think. :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Jan 2022 18:44 #38805 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yep, believe Dark is indeed a German movie. Until you know who's who, within each timeline, it can be quite confusing. (And a bit repetitive) ... But I actually watched it twice over the last year or so. (Been throwing some stuff on just while hanging about the house) So thought I might keep up better? ...Not. :)

Think I've seen Tenet advertised, but haven't watched it yet. I've been finding just the odd series here and there on Netflix, and find I enjoy them more for simply not knowing all the players. I get tired of seeing the same folks just playing different roles, where they pretty much still appear to be the same characters, just different movies. - I've also watched the Mandalorian series on DisneyPlus, as well as Black Widow. But haven't checked out the Boba Fett one yet. Did watch the Falcon/Winter Soldier one a while back though.

Finding flicks from other countries has been nice, and to be honest, they don't have to be great for me to enjoy. Just being different overall helps a lot. ... It's how/why I watched "The Rain", "Black Summer", "Glitch", just to name a few. Oh, as well as "Squid Games", which I actually avoided for quite some time before actually deciding to watch it. So once done, I ended up starting another Korean series with a lot of the same folks, "The Silent Sea" and lastly just started watching "The Haunting of Bly Manor" (Think I have two episodes left on that one?)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

01 Jan 2022 19:14 #38806 by Digital Dave
Oh, and also watched a real crazy one, named "Brand New Cherry Flavor", which stars the girl from "Alita: Battle Angel" which I didn't realize until a couple episodes in. ... Nutty film though.

01 Jan 2022 19:54 #38809 by Charlotte
Wasn't Alita AI? :dumb:

01 Jan 2022 22:55 #38824 by Digital Dave
Yeah, but it was played by Rosa Salazar, similar to Avatar, they just worked the image off the folks who played the parts. But you can still see who they are in the character. Though she does look a little different now, think her face is fuller so I didn't catch it right off. Kept thinking "Where do I know her from?".

02 Jan 2022 18:13 #38829 by Charlotte
Oh no! :ohmy: There was an explosion in a passing micro singularity in the Earth's solar system which polarized the chroniton particles and diverted the transporter beam in TIME instead of place! They ended up in 2024! You'd think they'd all have iPads and Covid-19, but apparently the Star Trek producers didn't see that coming.

Personally, I didn't even know micro singularities could explode. :blink:

02 Jan 2022 18:36 #38830 by Valence
The  Bell Riots  are always quoted as one of the most prescient of all the Star Trek episodes. :dry:

At least they do have their PADD devices in their own future. :P

02 Jan 2022 18:50 - 02 Jan 2022 18:53 #38831 by Charlotte
:ohmy: Past Tense part 1 originally aired on January 2nd, 1995. It's Jan. 2nd today! That must mean something! Like... like... uhm... :dumb:

Edit: oops better stop reading that article now - I haven't watched the episodes yet!

02 Jan 2022 20:32 #38832 by Valence
You haven't watched the episodes yet but you were somehow talking about the episodes?? :blink:

Wait- Did you travel back in time too? :lol:

Those singularities must be exploding everywhere. :giggle: