April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

02 Jul 2021 21:28 #35607 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, it kinda jumps all over the place the entire time. And as Val stated, the breaking it into different chapters doesn't make much sense at all. Some are so short later on, I'm not sure why they bothered? But guess they wanted to follow suit throughout? It was more of a distraction to me to be honest.

I actually tossed on a couple of the Scream Movies today, since I didn't want to look for a movie any longer than what I did. Watched the first, and then the second one, while working. Started the last one, but it was quite late, but then started wondering just how many there were? They only showed 3 on HBOMax but for some reason I was thinking there was more of them.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jul 2021 17:12 #35609 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I'm guessing nobody in Black Summer ever watched a zombie film before.... Except maybe those nasty little kids. You really don't have to waste all your ammo if you know where to aim. (Although I admit it's probably hard to focus and hit where you want, anyway, but they don't even seem to try...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

03 Jul 2021 17:44 #35610 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Yes, they seemed surprisingly hard to kill in that show. :dry:

I ended up watching that Netflix film The Dig last night which was a little flimsy but mostly OK. It was odd how it started out as a story focused on three characters and then they suddenly dumped some more in during the final third and expected you to care about them too. Not the best scriptwriting choice but it still stopped me from watching Star Trek episodes. :P

03 Jul 2021 18:26 #35611 by Charlotte
well, technically you can't kill something that's already dead. Then again they're all zombies aren't they? They just need to die before it's noticeable.... :dry: And still no hints as to what the heck happened... (Except for a few people rambling about a punishment from God or some such.)

03 Jul 2021 18:31 #35612 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

The Dig

A pretty disappointing film claiming to be about a man whose contribution to archaeological excavation is supposed to be hugely overlooked, who then ends up being overlooked by the film, ending up as a background character that virtually vanishes in the second half of the film in favour of a love story that never happened and a character that didn't exist.

03 Jul 2021 18:57 #35615 by Charlotte
:dry: Not sorry I didn't see it, then. I considered it, back when they kept showing the teaser/trailer on Netflix, but it seemed a bit boring.

03 Jul 2021 20:51 - 03 Jul 2021 21:09 #35617 by Charlotte
I'm not sure why I'm watching Black Summer. It just annoys me. Why isn't Curly McStupid already dead? I mean how did he even survive this long??? And the shaky cameras hurts my eyes and head :eyeroll:

EDIT: Lucky him the zombies are even stupider. :zombie:

03 Jul 2021 22:42 #35618 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Hmm, I'm having a hard time trying to find something to watch tonight. :S

*searches Netflix*
*looks at clock*
*searches more Netflix*

Oh, they have Akira now?

Go on then, that will do. Let's see how well that has aged. :)

04 Jul 2021 12:18 #35619 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Good to know it wasn't just me on 'Black Summer' ... I kept asking myself the same thing the entire two seasons. :huh: ... And yep, watched 'The Dig' as well, but it was a while back when it first aired. Agree to what was said, being I was hoping for it to better too.

Actually started fooling with AC Valhalla yesterday, and ended up playing quite a bit. Still on the fence, to be honest? But got a feeling it might start being a bit better, but the way it was put together, it definitely has a different feel than all the others...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Jul 2021 21:10 #35655 by Charlotte
I suspect I have reached the point in Twin Peaks: The Return where it all becomes incomprehensible. I get double episodes and the first one today was fine apart from what felt like a veeeeery long scene featuring a guy sweeping the floor. Next episode.... I think there was something relevant at the beginning.... Then they went back to 1945, set of an atomic bomb in New Mexico and went all screechy noises and flashing lights and HERE TAKE THIS MIGRAINE. Then some sort of faceless woman was spewing eggs and Laura was sent to earth decades before she was born and then there was stuff with people in the 50ies that I guess must have been relevant somehow. But most of the episode was just....noise.