April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

24 Jun 2021 18:30 - 24 Jun 2021 18:30 #35489 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, it probably was, if i was reading you post correctly. :huh: :unsure: ... But yep, larger 'humans' where we are supposed to have come from, but showing links to 'Alien' as well, check. - Just another time filler.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2021 22:53 #35496 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I feel like I'm still waiting for the story to start in Sweet Tooth. Can't that voiceover man at the beginning skip a few pages of whatever book he's reading to us. :dry:

And my Olde Trek rewatch got to "The Devil In The Dark" today which allowed me to enjoy Dr. McCoy's classic line...
"I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!" :lol:

25 Jun 2021 11:10 - 25 Jun 2021 11:10 #35497 by Digital Dave
Actually remembered there was another installment preceding Prometheus, which was 'Alien: Covenant' so watched that last night, and realized I had already seen that one before as well. (Guess none of them actually stuck in my memory that well, which is strange since I do tend to remember most movies I've seen quite well.) But I wasn't really a big fan of the Alien movies to start with, but I do sometimes just throw stuff on just to have something running. Also like to see other related movies just to say I did.

And Val, that voiceover guy wasn't something I cared for much either. To be honest, I can't recall any movies where a voiceover speaker was really needed or enjoyable to hear throughout. Almost like they felt it was needed to make sure the audience was following things correctly.

25 Jun 2021 13:35 #35499 by Digital Dave
So I just watched another silly one called 'Dead Silence' about a dead ventriloquist's dummies, etc. ... Seems that HBOMax has a lot of these types. But having some extremely slow internet issues here at work today, so heading out to check one of the Pumping Stations, and hopefully give them time to sort it out.

26 Jun 2021 15:11 #35508 by Valence
Alien: Covenant would be OK if it wasn't a complete rip-off of a very familiar Star Trek episode. :)

I'm getting to the end of Sweet Tooth now but I'm finding it hard to stay awake through some of the episodes. May have to rewatch a bit of the last one I "saw" cos I woke up for the final scene and wondered where half of the characters had disappeared to. :dry:

26 Jun 2021 22:16 - 26 Jun 2021 22:56 #35515 by Valence
Banj's vocal dislike of Aquaman has tempted me to watch it again just so that I can finally settle that age-old debate in my mind...
Did I like the floaty hair?
Or did I hate the floaty hair? :hmm:

Edit: I like the floaty hair but I hate the Dolph Lundgren that it's attached to.

27 Jun 2021 00:57 #35516 by Valence

I wonder if DC will ever just make one film as a film instead of attempting to cram three or four films into one.

You just need to fall asleep through the three extra films. :confident:
:zzz:

27 Jun 2021 07:20 #35517 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 Jun 2021 12:38 - 28 Jun 2021 12:38 #35524 by Digital Dave
Well, worked quite a bit outside over the weekend, doing my best imitation as a human sponge. :S But every couple hours, would come inside just to try & cool down some for a bit & ended up throwing on 'Lost in Space'. Watched some episodes later in the evenings. ... It's been quite hot here, mostly mid to high 90's, but they are now calling for triple digits for most of this week, so that should be fun. :blink:

Finished both seasons over the weekend, and still hoping they get the third season out before it stalls too long. Netflix has a bad habit of dropping things, no matter where they are in the story. And delayed timeframes seem to help kill some of them off too.

28 Jun 2021 12:41 - 28 Jun 2021 12:42 #35525 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I watched both seasons of Lost in Space fairly recently too. It is pretty silly stuff but I found myself looking forward to the final season.

(and I mean looking forward as in wanting to watch it, not as in glad it will be over)