April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

28 Jun 2021 13:12 #35526 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, I rather enjoyed it myself and thought the third season would have been out by now. But understand Covid put a lot of stuff on hold and delayed quite a few things. ... I actually just turned on 'Dune' to play in the background, which I know I've watched before, but couldn't say how long ago that was? Or if I enjoyed it? - Think I was still a teenager when it came out? :eek:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2021 18:07 #35528 by Digital Dave
Ok, so it's just passed 2pm, and I'm only 15 minutes away from finishing, Dune. :blink: I only started the movie about 5+ hours ago. :lol: ... OK, I did have to step out a couple times today, so yeah, sometimes just getting through a movie can appear to take all day. (No matter how long that movie actually seems to feel in itself!) :S ... But now they all are getting the Blue eyes and speaking with crazy voices, so it should start getting good any time now... :silly:

Additionally... Did Picard ever actually have hair???

28 Jun 2021 19:28 #35529 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I loved that movie decades ago but after a recent rewatch I found it to be shockingly poor. :S
I kinda prefer those mini-series adaptations that were on the SciFi channel. At least that's what my memory thinks until I rewatch those. :P

I have now finished Sweet Tooth and found the last two episodes to be an improvement on those that came before. If it'd started out with that kind of story telling then I might have cared a bit more.

And I quite liked Lost In Space too when I saw it. Sure the kids were annoying but Dr Smith was suitably villainous. :)

28 Jun 2021 19:57 #35531 by Digital Dave
Yep, they did quite well in adding her in as Dr. Smith, since I couldn't stand her character one bit. ... But to be honest, I can't think of a Movie where she came across likable in the first place?

And yep, I don't think I will ever be re-watching Dune myself. Even though it took some time to finish, it still seems to run quite long, which is consistent with shows that are not that excitable overall.

28 Jun 2021 20:07 #35532 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Picard no. Sir Patrick Stewart yes. At first I just presumed, then I googled... Apparently he lost his hair at around 18.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 Jun 2021 21:44 #35535 by Digital Dave
Yeah, I used Picard since he's so well known as that character itself. Though I don't recall that I've ever seen him in anything where he didn't have at least the top strip completely gone. But do know that some folks lose their hair quite young. But then we get so used to that look over the years, that we can't imagine them with hair. ... And that movie was back in the early 80's, I believe, so he's got to be up in the age as well. I graduated in '83', so I'm pretty sure it was around that timeframe, and I'm not sure how old he was at that time either?

29 Jun 2021 13:52 #35538 by Valence
Last night I ended up watching the sciencey documentary The Most Unknown and was a bit disappointed by how shallow it was. Like most of these shows it seemed more interested in "the human story" than the actual science. I wanted to know more about the experiments, how they contained the oscillating atoms, what were their thoughts on all the other dark matter theories etc. but instead we just got more scenes of the scientists getting to know each other. :eyeroll:

I've also got to the end of the first series of Captain Kirk's original adventures now so I'm thinking of switching to Enterprise for a bit. I might try out Black Summer tonight too. :)

29 Jun 2021 14:15 #35539 by Digital Dave
Funny you mention Black Summer... I actually finished watching the last couple episode of season two last night, while chilling out from the heat some. Wasn't crazy about the first season to be honest & found it a bit silly. (Especially since I really don't like those 'running' Zombies flicks.) :eyeroll: But they also have the quickest turn time too! - But watched it anyway for some reason. :unsure: ... Sometimes just watching things you haven't seen yet, works? But eventually just popped over to YouTube and watched some Dash-Cam vids on all the idiots out there that somehow got a License. :eek:

01 Jul 2021 22:26 #35593 by Valence
Finished the first season of Black Summer remarkably quickly. Some of the episodes were surprisingly short. :dry:
It felt a little disjointed at times as a result of that odd format of breaking up the story into seperate named chapters but it was vaguely entertaining. I won't start season two just yet though. Gonna rewatch the first episode of Enterprise now.

"It's been a long road..." :argh:

[Skip Intro.]

01 Jul 2021 22:36 #35594 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Three robots. And many many cats.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.