April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

22 Jun 2023 20:15 #45944 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
I fear I would rather quickly be exposed, should I actually get a position... :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2023 20:36 - 22 Jun 2023 23:56 #45945 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
I'd love to see the faces of their texture artists when I hand over one of my 3d models with all its terrible topology, weird UV unwrapping and very "non-standard" armature.

"Yes, of course I've done this before." :confident:

23 Jun 2023 07:35 #45946 by Charlotte
Well, you HAVE done it before :dry:
Maybe just not the way they expected you to :)

23 Jun 2023 23:20 - 23 Jun 2023 23:21 #45963 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Three of the local cats have just had a rather noisy stand-off in the garden right outside my front door. I wondered what the hell was going on! :lol:
"Meowowowowowowo," screamed one.
"MeowowowWOWowoWOW," replied the second as it leaned really close in a threatening manner.
There was perhaps four more verses of this particular song and then the third cat appeared on top of the wall above them and from the high ground declared, "MEOWOWowowowowWOWwowow!"
There was then a tense silence that was broken only by the sound of tails frantically slapping against the ground and then...
An agreement was apparently reached, as one after the other, each cat walked away in super sloooow motion as if they were pretending that they weren't walking away at all. :lol:
Cats can be so funny. :)

24 Jun 2023 07:21 #45965 by Charlotte
Of course, they each only left because the others already had left. :dry:

29 Jun 2023 15:24 #46012 by Charlotte
Why does Explorer have something called "Quick Access" when it always takes forever to load said access? :stare:

29 Jun 2023 15:31 #46013 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Always opens pretty quickly for me   There's only one shortcut there that can take a moment to open and that's a network drive that has to boot up before I can access it.

29 Jun 2023 15:34 #46014 by Charlotte
It used to open quickly but lately it takes.... like.... I dunno. Too long.

06 Jul 2023 08:02 #46129 by Charlotte
I went to bed just a wee bit way too late yesterday... And just as I did I thought I felt smoke. So I sniffed around the place - it didn't come from the windows at the back, or the bedside lamp that was giving up its ghost, or the stairwell outside my door. But I had to close the bathroom window on the south side because the smell was so strong there. It got stronger still so I tried to see anything. Smoke, light.... I listened for alarms going off, people, anything. Nothing. So I figured somebody felt chilly and was burning wood, even though it was extra smelly and an odd time of "day" to start doing that. Maybe we had an inversion. So I went to bed and even fell asleep, in spite of the smell.

Woke up today to the news that there was a fire on my street. :facepalm: Quite a way away from me and the fire department had already been alerted by the time I felt anything and nobody was hurt but I feel like an idiot for not going outside and making sure. At the same time, I'm so used to being the only one that reacts if there's the smell of fire or even an alarm going off, and usually it's false alarms.

One reason I don't like having neighbours, anyway. Sure, you can get a fire in your own home but at least you don't need to worry about other people's homes too... :dry:

Oh and they finally came and towed my car. They tried to jump start it both with an external battery and the tow truck's battery, but nada.

06 Jul 2023 11:05 #46130 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

Oh and they finally came and towed my car. They tried to jump start it both with an external battery and the tow truck's battery, but nada.

First they interrupt everyone's internet connections and switch off our electricity, then they take your car away. I'm not convinced it's hamsters