April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

25 Aug 2023 11:41 #46787 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Be happy if you can.

After all the above trouble they will now give me a call at 15.39. :blink:
Not sure why they couldn't make it 15.40.... :shrug: It's not like they ever call the exact minute they said, anyway.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Aug 2023 14:02 - 25 Aug 2023 14:41 #46788 by Charlotte
Friday afternoon and they haven't called yet. I wonder if they've gone home for the weekend instead?

:pout:

Edit: They finally called over 30 minutes late and I think my annoyance made the caller end up equally annoyed (with me) in the end. *grumbles* 

25 Aug 2023 14:41 #46789 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
I'm sure the AI doctor will see you soon. Once they've switched it off and back on again. :dry:

25 Aug 2023 14:42 - 25 Aug 2023 14:42 #46790 by Charlotte
:lol:

27 Aug 2023 10:27 #46806 by Charlotte
MSI Vector GP68HX 12VH-063NEU
(240 Hz 16" RTX 4080 & QHD)
or
Lenovo Legion Pro 7i i9/32/2000/4080/240Hz 16"

:hmm:

The latter is like 50% pricier and they're both pricey to begin with, but I have a Lenovo now and like it. Never really heard of MSI though it currently seems to be available in pretty much any store and at exactly the same (reduced) price everywhere all at the same time, which I always find a bit sus.

Both have 2 TB storage. Which I hope would last me a year or two :dry:

27 Aug 2023 11:26 #46807 by Valence
I can't seem to find the exact models here but the MSI ones that come up in my search seem to have 16GB RAM while the Lenovo one I saw had 32GB so maybe that will be part of the price difference.
They both seem to have high end graphics cards. :aha:

I have heard of MSI. I almost bought one of their controllers once. :)

27 Aug 2023 11:43 #46809 by Charlotte
Speaking of that... should I keep playing games with keyboard and mouse or invest in a controller too? Knowing it'll probably take me 3-5 years to get used to using one.... :dumb:

27 Aug 2023 11:58 #46810 by Valence
Whether it's useful depends on the type of games you play. I still use mouse and keyboard for all Elder Scrolls games and first-person-shooter games. If the game has 360 degree movement/combat, like Assassin's Creed or Witcher 3 then I'll use controller. Any game with driving is much better on controller because of the analogue steering/acceleration and football games (and possible other sports too) are completely unplayable on keyboard.
I've mentioned before that the main reason I got a controller was because of the Trials games for the analogue throttle but I STILL continue to use keyboard for that simply because I've spent sooo many hours in it and switching to controller sets my skills back by about six months. :)

27 Aug 2023 12:24 #46811 by Charlotte
If it's best for driving and sports games I think I'm safe sticking to my keyboard...

27 Aug 2023 13:26 - 27 Aug 2023 13:35 #46813 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
MSI is a massive company, up there with ASUS and Gigabyte in computing. Like Valence I found it difficult to find accurate specs as they seem to have differing components in different regions etc. Some say 16gb some say 32gb, the HD screen apparently has a fairly low SRGB gamut, but the QHD version may be much better quality. Not that important for games, but maybe an issue for painting. If it's got a QHD screen and 32 gb of RAM, I'd say it was a decent buy (not that I'd buy a laptop in the first place). I also only saw 1tb listed for both systems. 

EDIT - As for controllers it really depends on what you are comfortable with. There are some games I wouldn't play with a controller, and some I wouldn't touch with M&K. My general rule of thumb is 3rd person = controller, 1st person = keyboard and mouse. But some it just depends on what is going on mechanically and whether you need any kind of accuracy (precise aiming on a controller sucks).