May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Totally Random

08 Dec 2014 09:16 - 08 Dec 2014 09:17 #7559 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Totally Random
I kind of agree with you Charlotte. I found it a bit disappointing mostly because I was expecting a cracking film. It was ok and certainly looked good - and I would probably watch it again because it's a good Fri/Sat night popcorn movie but a missed opportunity I think.

Sometimes science errors get in the way of a movie because the movie doesn't grab you enough. I watched Interstellar last week and loved it despite the well documented list of scientific innacuracies.

Don't even mention "Noah". I said don't!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2014 09:30 #7560 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
but I have to, how annoying was Noah? I so wanted to like that movie, but it was just infuriating!

08 Dec 2014 12:00 #7563 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Totally Random
Very annoying. We watched it at home on Amazon Prime but were convinced for at least the first ten minutes that we had accidentally selected the wrong movie.

08 Dec 2014 12:02 #7564 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

or a baby squid that grows into Chtulhu in a matter of hours without any sustenance from which to grow... Sorry for any spoilers if you haven't seen it.)

The Alien in the orginal Alien does the same (not turning into Cthulhu, but growing rapidly to a large size with no obvious nutritional intake - I seem to recall the novelization going into more detail about that though).

08 Dec 2014 13:32 #7568 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who can only carry suspension of disbelief so far... I haven't seen Noah, guess I know now that I'll only watch it if it's available for free and I happen to have nothing better to do...

I guess the speed-growth might include some sort of extra nutritious internal yolk sack or something. Though it would still leave the mommies emanciated corpses since the fetuses grow extremely rapidly as well... That was another thing that bothered me a bit by the way - I know Prometheus is a sort of "same universe as Aliens" kind of movie, but the "alien in my belly", "lone female survivor" and "except for the head of a guy who also survived" just seem a bit too close to the Alien movies. Though if I had actually ever watched all of them maybe I'd feel differently :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Dec 2014 14:09 #7572 by kazky
wasn't Prometheus a prequel? god I should never watch movies again!

08 Dec 2014 14:27 #7574 by Charlotte
It's sort of a prequel though there seems to be debate in the "Alien community" as to it being acceptable as such or totally off :P

You should too watch movies again! I'm gonna see the Hobbit this week! (I hope!)

08 Dec 2014 14:34 #7575 by kazky
phew! haha

I can't wait to see The Hobbit, but i'm going to wait until it's last few showings as I can't stand all the stupid people in the cinema. The last couple of movies I've seen have been ruined by the other cinema goers, and not just young ones.

08 Dec 2014 14:40 #7578 by Charlotte
yeah people can be annoying :P
But where I live the movie will only show 4 times, and I can't go the first 2, so I'm hoping for Friday but if I can't go I'll have a final chance on Sunday.

08 Dec 2014 14:42 - 08 Dec 2014 14:42 #7579 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Totally Random
Why have they been ruined by other cinema goers Kaz?

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!