April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN - June 2015 - IT Movie Poster - Pennywise remake - WIPS

06 Jun 2015 01:16 - 06 Jun 2015 01:21 #11039 by microscopi
Omg Valence, that's really horrifying :ohmy: It's definitely in your face! I can't get away from it, as i'm typing this Thriller is coming onto my soundtrack :unsure:
Kod that is a awesome design, really like the painterly look too, you should do something like that this month.
Cherry even yours is creepy and you usually draw really lovely subjects!

I wasn't really thinking of doing that idea of the spider, but I did have another one in mind although it has the same sort of design as Valence, but I was going to do a closeup of him mutated have into the spider, like mid transformation, so it still might look recognizable as a clown. Nothing now to show tho :blink:

Charlotte I hope you get so inspired you join in too! :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2015 17:45 #11044 by Valence
Do try and keep some of that deformed spider, it's a dark and twisted idea.

I must confess that although I'm familiar with all the Pennywise imagery and concepts I've never actually seen IT. But in a glorious coincidence it's being shown tonight on some obscure tv channel so I shall watch and try and pilfer some ideas. :cheer:

06 Jun 2015 19:00 #11045 by Morisith
My Carpal tunnel finally cleared up - and so back to drawing I go :D

I kinda want to go for something "cute" yet still with an underlying creepy tone. So I will try to go for bright colours in this - but no promises yet :P There are also several spiders planned - but I didn't add them in the sketch yet.

File Attachment:

06 Jun 2015 19:13 #11046 by Valence
More spiders?!? :S

Stop it! You're all ganging up on me with your creepy arachnids. I'll have to find my spider repellent spray.

Oh and that's a nice sketch so far... without the spiders. :dry:

07 Jun 2015 10:24 #11050 by Banj

I'll have to find my spider repellent spray.

I have some of that too, only it's not really a spray as such, more like anything within reach that is big and heavy with a long reach on it so I don't have to get too close when I beat it senseless.

07 Jun 2015 10:31 - 07 Jun 2015 10:32 #11051 by kazky
NJust to be all hippyish, peppermint essential oil is a good deterrent for all creepies :)

and yes i'm feeling very random today, what of it? :D

07 Jun 2015 10:33 #11052 by Banj

NJust to be all hippyish, peppermint essential oil is a good deterrent for all creepies :)

So is something big and heavy.

07 Jun 2015 10:50 #11056 by kazky
*sticks fingers in ears*

07 Jun 2015 14:58 #11059 by Dragon6261
Attachments:

07 Jun 2015 15:01 - 08 Jun 2015 00:26 #11060 by Valence
Yes my repellent spray is merely a metaphor for crushing violence. :evil:
Although any essential oil is a good way to keep me away from things. :X

And now that I've finally watched (most of) IT on the inaccurately named True Entertainment Channel I can now say that I understand the references in Banj's picture.
But by far the scariest thing in the show was those yuppie fashions from the 1990s. Terrifying.

Edit...
Dragon: I was wondering what your pic would look like with the clown make up texture on the face. And the answer to my wondering is that it looks very very good.