March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN - June 2015 - IT Movie Poster - Pennywise remake - WIPS

11 Jun 2015 00:31 #11107 by Valence
Hmm, I'm struggling a bit with this one. Seems to be one step forward and then two back followed by various shuffling sidesteps. :angry:
There are lots of things that are far from being right: the lighting; the nose; the facial form; the dark eyes don't seem a good choice any more; and the asymmetrical expression (which I thought would work as an interesting transition across the face) now just looks clumsy.
I'm considering taking a leaf out of Micro's book and completely changing everything half way through the challenge! But not yet. I'll push these pixels around for a little while longer and see what happens.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2015 05:03 #11110 by microscopi
Hey guys nice updates, glad you like my first wip, :woohoo: going to try to lighten up on the creepy a bit, with some different colors. I don't think he necessarily has to have red hair, blue hair can be scary too!
Valence, you put a lot of detail in your pic and I think it looks great, definitely creepy though, it's easy to switch things up if they're not working, you will just waste more time on something you don't like.
Cherry loving the direction yours is going also from your usual stuff, it's really coming along great.

Attachments:

11 Jun 2015 06:01 #11112 by CherryGraphics
I'm glad you like it :) Yes there's another Cherry, not just the lovely "little" girl :lol:
Today I'm going to paint a bit of the background I hope.

Val I really like the painterly style you do this time! But I can see what you mean with the clumsy, asymmetrical expression. It looks like the pout (we would like to call it "Schnute" :lol: ) which me and my man are trying sometimes while watching stupid sitcoms. - Hopefully i don't look like this too :ohmy:
So maybe it would be good to have a more symmetrical mouth there. maybe you can find another way to give the clown an extra creepy expression :)

micro it's cool to see a clown without the red hair :) I already thought about give mine green hair like the joker had - but what can I say - I love red hair. :woohoo: But with the big eyes and the creepy smile the blue hair really looks great on yours. And I like the style of the cloth so far!

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

11 Jun 2015 12:06 #11116 by CherryGraphics
:whistle: I know there were 7 kids but not 7 grown-ups at the end.. maybe just a little hint. (and I didn't have space for 7 little kiddis :D)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

11 Jun 2015 13:19 #11119 by Valence
Micro: That colour scheme is completely unexpected but also brilliant. (Wish I'd thought of it!) And that patchwork collage of the fabric is really interesting to look at. Original stuff and I like.

Cherry: Wow! That is definitely a "Film Poster". You've nailed the composition perfectly. And the creepy green of the background plays very well against the red hair. I'm impressed.
And thank you for the schnute comment :lol: I will make an effort to change that mouth.

11 Jun 2015 14:37 #11123 by kazky
wow, Cherry, superb, love the kids in the background!

micro, i think the addition of colour makes it as creepy, but personally i loved the real creepy :D

11 Jun 2015 20:47 - 11 Jun 2015 20:48 #11130 by jessie
You all are totally killing IT! Haha. Yes the pun was intended. They all remind me why I don't like clowns. :S

Sorry I've been rather scarce. The summer brings camping season soooo I haven't had a lot of computer time.

12 Jun 2015 01:47 #11131 by microscopi
Update on mine. Kaz I looked at my original wip and tried to take a step back in the creepy dept ;)
Cherry you're going way too fast, yours looks done already and we still have the whole month, slow it down :P Looks great! I like the background addition a lot, reminds me a lot of Pet Cementary too.
Thanks Valence, I actually found a random pic of this castle i liked, and just put it over ands liked the result, I didn't really like the red hair and wasn't sure what direction to go in!

Attachments:

12 Jun 2015 08:37 #11133 by kazky
yep that works micro!

13 Jun 2015 19:05 #11146 by Dragon6261
Anyway since Cherry already won, I thought I would try something different
Attachments: