April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN August 2014 Challenge - Ode to Banj - WIPs

20 Aug 2014 12:54 #5423 by SchizophreniaWolf
Done some stuff here and there. I'm still not entirely satisfied about the setting, I have to put more elements in to make it more interesting.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2014 15:42 #5429 by Domtopia
Some foreground lighting might be interesting Schizo. Especially if it's a bright colour.

Otherwise, some special effect lighting on his mechanical arm bouncing off into the shadows could add more visual interest.

What about a confusing bunch of wires under the desks? They could even be sparking and fizzing.

Some thoughts!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

20 Aug 2014 15:47 #5430 by AngieA
That is really cool Schizo, super creepy atmosphere and I love the Cat's expression. Dave yours is super cute and coming along great plus I really like the group dynamic but I'm not keen on the brick wall, It' kind of an odd scale and fit.

20 Aug 2014 16:00 - 20 Aug 2014 16:01 #5431 by AngieA
This is a VERY rough wip of my idea and I would very much appreciate feedback on the layout, indoor environments are not something I find easy. I was thinking that the Queen hiding behind her throne while Banj leapt to her defense would be nice and wanted to see the room at an angle through half open doors. I'm now struggling with the perspective and don't know if having half the throne behind a door works. Any suggestions before I go further please?
p.s. Glad I got Photoshop but it's a steep learning curve compared to my ipad.

Attachments:

20 Aug 2014 16:20 #5432 by Domtopia
Good start Angie!

The arrows on the door are an interesting touch. They literally direct the eye to the queen. Nice idea!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

20 Aug 2014 17:31 #5433 by SchizophreniaWolf
Domtopia: Good ideas, Domtopia. Many thx!
AngieA: Thank you, AngieA! Yes it's a grumpy augmented cat :P

20 Aug 2014 19:56 - 20 Aug 2014 19:59 #5435 by microscopi
Thanks guys appreciate the comments.

Charlotte I was trying to make Banjs torso fade into the background kind of like that
movie poster effect but it looks like he doesn't eat instead lol, I hope I can make the
queen as nice as banj !

Wolf and Dom, thanks guys, appreciate you saying, i'm pretty sure I can make him more hamsterly, I hope. Wolf I really miss GoldenAxe lol, you should try to play with the lighting more, put an extreme light source somewhere would up the dramatic mood maybe.

AngieA, really like your idea, very creative and cute so far.

21 Aug 2014 01:56 #5449 by Digital Dave
Liking all the new updates from everyone, and thanks for the input on mine. Been quite busy with other stuff, but I did start re-thinking the back wall though. Not sure how it got so yellow, it actually started out brown, and I guess between lightening it, and I think I used an overlay layer at one point which probably helped with that as well. But will see what I can do about making it more castle-brick like. I originally started it grey, but thought it looked too dull. But think I may re-visit that color.

The first image below is what color the wall started out as before going yellow, which I also just threw down some lines on tonight to start laying out the new brick work. ... The second image just shows how I'm starting to take out some lines here and there to get the wall started, and may tweak the lines some, as to not keep them too straight or clean looking.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

21 Aug 2014 07:49 - 21 Aug 2014 07:58 #5452 by SchizophreniaWolf
Digital Dave: I like the last version the most, Dave. But I would make the lines a bit thinner so that they draw less attention.
microscopi: You are right, I'll try some extra light sources. Ah and yes Golden Axe ;) , I have the sega mega drive ultimate collection for Playstation 3 and all three Golden Axes are on it!!! :woohoo: owyeah!!

21 Aug 2014 11:00 #5459 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Wolf. But yeah, I won't be using these particular lines. Just trying to lay it out and plan to draw in each stone by hand over-top this design, which I hope will look better not being so straight lined looking. Which I believe I will also need to do for Banj's tunnel entrance too.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D