April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN August 2014 Challenge - Ode to Banj - WIPs

23 Aug 2014 14:54 #5539 by Digital Dave
Also stayed up a little late watching a baseball game last night, and worked a little more on the wall. But it might take some time to get it all finished. It's taking some time. ... Also through the characters back in for placement.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2014 16:06 #5542 by Charlotte
I think this walls looks and works much better Dave :)
And Angie I agree yours is progressing nicely but the perspective on the carpet does look a bit off.

Back to Dave: If you like watching baseball at least it beats being awakened at 3 am by a domestic fight and having to call the police...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Aug 2014 16:26 - 23 Aug 2014 16:29 #5544 by AngieA
I see what you mean with the carpet Dave, thanks. Luckily I have it on a separate layer so I can change it.

I need to work out how to get the light streaming in through the window segments without it building up too much. I'll try to browse around google and look for examples that have similar windows, I don't want to lose the back lighting on Banj if I can help it.

Your new wall is looking really good now Dave.

This challenge has been a great learning experience so far.

23 Aug 2014 16:43 - 23 Aug 2014 16:46 #5545 by Digital Dave
:blink: Um yep, I'd say watching baseball is definitely the better choice & there's always that on/off switch! ;)

Just hope it was resolved quickly for ya. - Used to live in an apartment building that had those issues from time to time. :) Been a while though, and we don't usually get that type of excitement where I live now, which is just fine with me. - The occasional dog running about barking at animals throughout the night, or waking to find people in the yard, trying to capture someone's horses that got loose are just a couple examples of some the only entertainment we've had since being here.

Edit: Thank you both on the wall comments. I'm hoping to get it done today if possible, but as soon as the Advil kicks in, plan to get back to the remodeling. Have to be over my mom's place tomorrow to finish up the work I'm doing there, and that will probably cut my art activities short for the weekend.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

23 Aug 2014 23:07 - 23 Aug 2014 23:08 #5549 by microscopi
Dave really digging the wall too, it matches the scene so well now, all the detail is great as its so big in the image.

Angie lI think you're learning quite quickly actually, banj is looking great so far, really like the storytelling too reminds me of the shrek movies for some reason.

Thanks for comments on mine too, i'm working on making the magician cooler now, but a bomb isn't so much exciting subject matter :?

24 Aug 2014 08:48 #5551 by Banj

reminds me of the shrek movies for some reason.

It's probably the layers ;)

24 Aug 2014 11:20 #5553 by AngieA
Could you explain that please Banj, is it a good or bad thing?

24 Aug 2014 13:57 #5554 by AngieA
Not sure if this is done. Any further suggestions please?

Attachments:

24 Aug 2014 14:08 #5555 by SchizophreniaWolf
Nooo AngieA, Ogres are like onions because they too have layers... and they make you cry. :lol:

reminds me of the shrek movies for some reason.

It's probably the layers ;)

24 Aug 2014 14:50 #5556 by AngieA
Oh! I thought I had done something wrong with my layers. :lol: Mind you I probably did, they are a confusing mess. :whistle: ;)