April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN August 2014 Challenge - Ode to Banj - WIPs

05 Aug 2014 17:22 - 05 Aug 2014 17:37 #4826 by Kodabble
Well I guess I am one of the ones that is going for the Happy-happy Joy-joy types. Sorry Schizo :dry: !
Playing with an idea with the first being Sir Banj relying on the support of his trusty Dodo. Not sure who the other players are although it appears ClaudeCrow and DigitalDave have knowledge who the magician the Stern Queen and Binky are. Could you enlighten me.

Anyway first WIP

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2014 18:47 - 05 Aug 2014 18:57 #4831 by Digital Dave
Kodabble, first hope this works, since I'm at work and government computers tend to do whatever the want to! :P But yep, guess mine's a Happy-happy Joy-joy version too. I'm blaming the characters. ;)

Here's my understanding of the characters mentioned, I'm sure to be corrected if I get it wrong. - In Charlotte's story/brief she created for this challenge, she mentions the stern Queen Cat, which is in reference to Banj's cat he has. (me guess?) Then there are two other players, which are based off some, ahem, 'members' we have here which I believe were part of the making up of this site. And with this I decided to use their default avatars to base them on, which I will try to show below. But I'm guessing you could indeed make them as whoever you would like them to be, I just thought to use them, and yes they bring on the Happy-Joy thingy too. :D ... Here's some screenshots of their avatars below.

Some very nice starts as well. I hope even more people join in, including admins, but I'm not naming names. :wink:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kodabble

05 Aug 2014 18:54 #4832 by Charlotte
Yes, Dave's right. But I'll do a run-through anyway:

Queen Cat is based on Banj's cat - according to Banj she (?) is grumpy and uncuddly and keeps him from ever sleeping. I've never heard him say a nice thing about the poor dear :P
Webmaster is Banj with magic admin tools.
Banj is Banj (with non-magic admin tools).
Binky is Banj without any admin tools at all.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kodabble

05 Aug 2014 19:53 #4838 by microscopi
Thanks Charlotte : that seems to clear up the confusion (face palm) lol

That's some major identity crisis going on up in there :woohoo:

05 Aug 2014 23:04 #4843 by microscopi
I can't decide if the queens evil or not.

Attachments:

06 Aug 2014 02:04 #4848 by Digital Dave
Well, not minutes after getting home and before starting any work, my male pup 'Kito' apparently hurt his leg playing with his sisters outside. After not wanting to put any weight on it, I ran him up to the vet for a check to make sure he didn't do any major damage. Since he didn't show any signs of broken bones, etc. they just put him on a strong doggie dose of meds and he's been sleeping since. :) (we'll have to wait to see if anything comes of it though)

So decided to spend some time on the pic tonight, mainly adding some to the BG, and adding some shadows and highlights. Wanted to knock this out before getting into any more characters that are in front.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

06 Aug 2014 13:56 #4870 by mute827
WIP 2

Playing around with putting him in a hamster ball because it's funny to me. He isn't much of a threat if you can just kick him out of the way.

Attachments:

06 Aug 2014 14:31 #4880 by Kodabble
Charlotte, thanks for the info. Ditto Digital Dave. I had no idea we might be working with a multi personality. Maybe need a multi-headed dragon. :blink:

06 Aug 2014 15:05 #4882 by Kodabble
These are just my personal observations/suggestions. :pinch:

mute827: looking really good. Love the addition of the ball. Definitely keep it.
Digital Dave: coming along nicely. One thing your queen cat looks more disappointed than grumpy.
microscopi: I’d go with the information Charlotte and Digital Dave gave on the queen. My suggestion is, watch how small your characters are to the scene. Maybe force the perspective and make the knight much bigger.
ClaudeCrow: like the more realistic look. Not too sure about the pink sky, but then I’m not very good with color pallets.

Great seeing all these different takes on the topic.

06 Aug 2014 17:35 #4900 by Charlotte
I've realised that I forgot to mention the queen's Head of Security Hal in the brief. He's optional too, I guess :)

And Dave, for the record I love the cat queen's facepalm look. :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.