May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

27 Jun 2023 22:48 #45994 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
He's in Oblivion and Morrowind too? :ohmy: Wouldn't that make him an immortal? :paranoid: I thought these games took place centuries apart...

And I don't care if you like him. I don't trust him. :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2023 22:51 #45995 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
"M'aiq's father was also called M'aiq. As was M'aiq's father's father. At least that's what his father said." :confident:

Maybe they are different M'aiqs. Or maybe he's very old.

28 Jun 2023 09:43 - 28 Jun 2023 09:46 #45997 by Charlotte
Yes I googled him before turning off the computer yesterday. Apparently everything he says is a commentary on the game and changes from previous games and such. I'd never have guessed it, though. :dumb:

Edit: Oh and somebody must have pick-pocketed him already because they mentioned what he was carrying. I can't recall what it was because it wasn't anything interesting. And they ]lso think he's "excellent for co]bat practice" as he can't die and doesn't fight back. :ohmy:  :cry: People are so MEAN. 

28 Jun 2023 18:39 - 28 Jun 2023 18:49 #46005 by Charlotte
:shakefist:

Out, damn spot, OUT! :stare: 

Edit: Found a console command that cleans it all away. And here I have been cleaning out the grisly remains in the hidden room, piece by gory piece... :facepalm: 

(console: DF492.Disable)

Attachments:

28 Jun 2023 19:13 #46006 by Valence
I think there's a mod that cleans it all, if that's what I think it is. :)

28 Jun 2023 19:41 - 28 Jun 2023 19:42 #46007 by Charlotte
Why use a mod when (I haven't set up Vortex properly yet and) I only need a short console command? :P It worked btw. Of course I have already placed all the carpets and furniture to hide the stains... :dry: oh well.

28 Jun 2023 20:34 - 28 Jun 2023 20:36 #46008 by Valence
Well, I'm not dealing with those Vampire shenanigans after all. When I typed that previously I momentarily forgot where I was and the vampire thing is in another town. :dumb:
In this town I'm doing some kind of treasure hunt thing and the vague map was quite tricky to follow, especially with the night-time fog and my lovely depth of field mods but after going the wrong way and bursting into a bandit camp (which I then had to fight my way out of) I got back onto the correct route and ended up testing my 6x sneak attack on some ogres in the dark...

Dangerous but satisfying. And dangerous.
They're even more dangerous when you catch them out in the open without the chance of the sneak bonus. I only barely survived this chap and the deadly punches from his big hands...

On the plus side I'm levelling up my Restoration with the necessary spamming of Heal Minor Wounds. And I do need a sleep now but that'll have to wait until I find a bed.
Oh, and I must remember to return to the bandit camp. I looted some heavy weapons but had to store them in a nearby sack so that I could walk properly again. Anyway... onwards. To more ogres probably. :pirate:
Attachments:

28 Jun 2023 21:08 #46009 by Charlotte
I was thinking I didn't recognise those surroundings and I've never seen any ogres but then I realised you're in Oblivion... :dumb:

In Skyrim, Lydia now has the most luxurious bedroom she's ever had (better than mine - I
ll have to make sure to change that!)

28 Jun 2023 21:14 - 28 Jun 2023 21:39 #46010 by Valence
Make her sleep in the kiddies' room. :lol:

And yes. More ogres. Including... two at the same time! :argh:
That was like a boss battle. And it involved quite a lot of "me running backwards" while also pumping my arm up and down in the air to HealMinorWoundsHealMinorWoundsHealMinorWounds! :giggle:
I've run backwards so far that I don't know where I am any more. :dumb:

EDIT: And I'm still no closer to the end of this quest. It's almost like Bleak Falls Barrow. :lol:
Gonna have to save and continue another day. :aha:

29 Jun 2023 19:22 #46017 by Valence
Still the quest continues...

These dungeons are quite complicated at times.
And the skellingtons with shields can be challenging when you don't have that Skyrim shield bash to rely on.
Just be patient. :aha:
Now there's three of them on a narrow bridge! :unsure:
Potion time!

And now... :pirate:
My attack had no effect! :ohmy:
What???
I'm clearly missing something here.
:giveup: :brb:
Attachments: