April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

28 Feb 2019 08:01 #23939 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:lol:
well I had some issues with the blood sample - it was trickier using it in hard mode than in casual.

I stopped playing once I got to part 4, and the whatsitname event got started at the hotel. So that's where I'm at, now.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2019 12:51 #23943 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Something's going to happen at the hotel? :hmm:
Will I finally get into the ballroom then? :lol:

The Franklin sequences have definitely been my least favourite moments so far. I think I have to get him to talk to Dolores next, that's about where I am, now that I've got Ransome to feed Banj- Erm, I mean Little Beeper. :)

28 Feb 2019 13:59 #23945 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I think I am nearing the end of part four, though I am stumped right now about what to do with the several story elements that on currently in motion (then again it was about 1:00am when I stopped). Progress slowed to a crawl and it became a little more of a grind once you have five characters on the go. It was enough to have to jump back and forth between the two agents, once you then have Dolores, the *BLEEPING* Clown, and Franklin-a-boo to hop around between it gets annoying. *go to place, realise other character has the thing you need, switch to other character, travel to place, give thing to first character, do thing*

Then I experienced that thing that always happens to me in games like this. I tried to interact with something that I thought I should be able to interact with only foe the game to tell me that it wasn't anything I could interact with and that I should just forget about it and never touch it ever again. So I toddle off and wander around for a couple of hours making very little progress, end up resorting to the hint number which tells me that I have to go and use the thing I attempted to use hours ago which now miraculously works.

I also had the other thing that always happens to me in these games, where I work out what I need to do, and spend ages trying to do it and get it to work only to discover that I'm doing it in the wrong place.

28 Feb 2019 14:12 #23946 by Charlotte
I don't mind the 5 characters very much but I do find it a little "off-putting" that although they don't know or like each other, they are sometimes required to give each other things for no reason other than that you as the player know another character needs that item...

I think some of the story elements continue on in part 5? Not certain, though. In casual mode I had 4 characters lookinig for a key, in hard mode I found a key that's unobtainable in casual - but I doubt it's the same key.

28 Feb 2019 14:20 #23947 by Banj
Yeah, there are more than one key. I have one, but need another. I currently have multiple avenues that are all at dead ends :shakefist:

At least Doug is keeping me entertained...

Diggin'...

28 Feb 2019 14:24 #23948 by Charlotte
Diggin in the HALLWAY! *shouts*
and covers them up again all neat and tidy.

28 Feb 2019 14:42 #23949 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I wish you could play as Doug. :lol:

Also I'm depressed at how quick you all are. Or maybe you just play more hours than I do. *still waiting for part 4 to start*

28 Feb 2019 16:57 #23950 by Charlotte
I'm not sure how much fun it'd be to dig holes and fill them back up again, over and over.

28 Feb 2019 19:07 #23951 by Charlotte
oh grrrrr getting tickets to thimblecon was much easier in casual. Now I just get a busy tone. :(

28 Feb 2019 19:17 #23952 by Banj
Hello Part Six :aha: