April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

03 Mar 2019 13:40 #24004 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I wasn't impressed by the cheque-book puzzle. When she wouldn't pick it up I just thought, "Well it won't be that then!" and then got stuck for an hour. :eyeroll:

That's what had me stuck for a couple of hours until I caved in and used the hint... which told me to do what I attempted to do already. "Nope, this wont be of any use to you whatsoever, just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist... Oh, remember that thing we told you wasn't of any use at all, well we realised it's actually essential to completing the game, so you should go get it".

As for anything else you may or may not have done... I am saying nothing. :nope:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2019 14:30 #24005 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yeah, it annoyed me because every other book in the game is opened and read when you click on "Look At" but with that one she just describes what it is as if it isn't relevant. It's a bit of a cheat to contrive a puzzle by changing the game logic/mechanics. It felt like the kind of gaffe that I'd make when I was messing about with AGS.

I'm still a bit stuck at the moment, but not enough to want assistance yet. It feels like there are three or four puzzles that are all dependent on each other and I just have to work out which one's supposed to be done first and then hopefully all the others will become solvable.
Hopefully. :)

03 Mar 2019 15:01 #24006 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'm annoyed at the two lose ends (and I remembered one more, so three, actually). Though I'm guessing there might have been something optional that could have been done about them, that I totally missed. Maybe.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Mar 2019 16:54 #24007 by Valence
Did you use the very special tool? :lol:

I've been repeatedly told that it might be useful at the end.

03 Mar 2019 18:01 #24008 by Charlotte
I did, but not for anything like what I had expected...

04 Mar 2019 02:14 #24009 by Valence
I said I didn't like the ghost bits as soon as Franklin was introduced and I haven't changed my mind.
I clearly should have made more effort with him earlier instead of ignoring him in favour of actual living characters. I still haven't got him out of the hotel! But I'm getting there.

Banana, Banana, Banana! :eyeroll:

And I've had to use the Hint-Tron! Twice!! :(

04 Mar 2019 07:06 #24010 by Charlotte
I used the hint-tron for almost every step by the end... :dry:

04 Mar 2019 12:44 - 04 Mar 2019 12:44 #24011 by Valence
The actual hints are mostly useless, it just tells you a list of things that you already know, but I like how it will only offer a hint about the puzzles you need to solve first.
Doing things in the right order saves a lot of frustration later. Last night I was simultaneously stuck on about four or five seperate puzzles but the hint thing only wanted to talk about the Hotel.
I really should have done Franklin's stuff much earlier. :)

04 Mar 2019 14:03 #24012 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's been several days since I finished it and I still have the annoying tune from the radio playing in my head :argh:

04 Mar 2019 14:11 #24013 by Charlotte
the hint thing kept wanting to talk about the hotel through most of the game... :dry: