April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

04 Feb 2019 13:03 #23674 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
*agrees*
I prefer to start easy and get to know the game, and then make it more difficult/challenging...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2019 16:06 - 04 Feb 2019 16:07 #23681 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
*awkward weirdo still disagrees* :P
:lol:
Once I know how the game ends I just can't motivate myself to try even harder.
I do start games on "Normal" but work my way down until they basically play themselves. :)

04 Feb 2019 20:13 #23683 by Charlotte
well, I missed subnautica, intended to play around in "Creative" mode and ended up trying the hardcore version. I'm not dead yet.

05 Feb 2019 22:50 #23698 by Charlotte
Up too late as usual, I've watched a miniseries online. I'm annoyed, the bad guy got a promotion and the good one ended up in hospital. Not sure if there's supposed to be a sequel.

Anyway, this game (still under development, but...) in an email from GOG caught my attention:
www.gog.com/game/foundation

I play too many games :P But it's city builder, there are customization options.... sounds like my kind of game...

10 Feb 2019 15:54 #23754 by Charlotte
Nope :nope: nope nope nope, I'm not playing fundation until I'm cross-eyed. Nope. :dry:
Actually it's not very eventful, pretty much the only "events" are that you need to send food or troops to king/clergy/neighbour... But so far you can just opt not to if you prefer... Still, it's nice exploring the game and especially the buildings you construct piece by piece as these can be "designed" more or less as you want...

and of course I should have been doing loads of completely different things this weekend...

10 Feb 2019 18:17 #23756 by Valence
You just can't resist building. :)

I'm now not sure if I should have bothered joining House Redoran. The first two quests were a bit dull and they haven't even paid me like House Hlaalu did! (I may backtrack again and rejoin them. :evil:)
Anyway my latest job got a bit sidetracked when on my long walk to Ald Velothi I encountered a ditzy woman who wanted help retrieving a ring that she'd clumsily dropped in a dank pool. :eyeroll:
So I trudged into the murky waters and rummaged around down there until I'd found it.
Then the woman attacked me! :ohmy:
And it wasn't just her. There was also an invisible accomplice who joined in the attack. It was apparently an elaborate ruse where the two of them set up some gullible fools to nearly drown themselves before killing them and taking their loot.

I was only trying to help. I won't bother next time!

13 Feb 2019 01:47 - 13 Feb 2019 01:49 #23769 by Valence
Meanwhile, in Morrowind....

Actually, I've no idea what's going on in Morrowind. Or any other game for that matter. I sat down to play through the next quest and my dear old X-Box wouldn't turn on! :cry:
Damn those 15 year old PSUs! :shakefist:
Interestingly (or not) it does temporarily turn on if you hold it at an angle greater than 30 degrees but then the power goes off when it's returned to a horizontal position. It's a shame the drive doesn't work vertically like more recent consoles. :lol:

I think it may be time to find some screwdrivers and explore the inner world of electronic boxes. ;)

13 Feb 2019 07:44 #23770 by Charlotte
or some money for new electric boxes...

13 Feb 2019 13:54 #23773 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

It's a shame the drive doesn't work vertically like more recent consoles. :lol:

The PS2 works vertically. Just sayin' =D

13 Feb 2019 19:47 #23788 by Valence
I'm not even sure if I work vertically these days. :lol: