July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

26 Oct 2022 19:29 #42652 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
That's why Max is mad. :confident:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2022 23:19 - 26 Oct 2022 23:20 #42654 by Valence
Who doesn't like a big tough boss battle? :pirate:

Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

27 Oct 2022 16:22 #42660 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Oops.
Went on a quest for a dragon, but forgot that I had replaced my fireproof boots with something else. Did OK anyway, though... Then I found the three revellers again, though on their own farm this time. At first one of them seemed chatty enough but then a new dragon showed up and while nobody seemed to care much about being attacked by a dragon*, nobody wanted to talk to me once the dragon was dead.

(*I did hear someone should "Kill the dragon!" so I guess someone cared.)

And before that, while looking for the first dragon, I came across an orc at an inn. She turned hostile so I killed her. Oops too. Then I fled the scene in case an inn keeper or guard or witness would show up. The place seemed empty aside from the orc, though. But I didn't stay to make sure.

Now I am over encumbered but luckily the second dragon was just outside Windhelm so I got back in there to sell some loot. Unfortunately it turned out it was 5 am and nobody's at the market yet. And being over encumbered I don't feel like walking back to the local Inn (not the one with the dead orc) for a nap... so I guess I'll just stand here out in the freezing cold waiting for the marketeers to show up. :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Oct 2022 19:35 - 27 Oct 2022 19:41 #42666 by Charlotte
Once again I have the option to purchase a house. Can afford it too, but there has been some rather grisly stuff going on in there... Do I want the place :hmm:

Edit: I decided I did want to buy it, only to find that I wasn't actually able to yet. :stare: 

27 Oct 2022 20:17 #42672 by Valence
You've been to Windhelm too? :ohmy:
I think you've officially been to more places than me. :P

I do plan on making my way down there next time after I finish off a few things at the college. And I have to meet up with someone on the journey to do ... something else. :paranoid:

27 Oct 2022 21:24 #42674 by Charlotte
Well, I haven't been to any colleges or joined any guilds or any of that sort yet. I'm kind of just mapping out the place I guess, and I expect to go back through stuff later. Currently I am on Solstheim. And it made me stay up much too late :stare: (I was going to quit once I got there but then I started exploring and.... well, it's later than I planned. Luckily I have taken the day off tomorrow to run some errands in the afternoon, so I can sleep in.)

27 Oct 2022 22:39 #42675 by Valence
You've got to Solstheim too! :ohmy: :lol:

I've been there in Morrowind. ;)
That must mean that you've encountered the Cultists.
Boy, they're annoying. I hate them much more than the dragons. Especially when they appear in threes.
But I do like their masks.

28 Oct 2022 00:28 #42676 by Valence
And I still don't like boss battles ... but I beat it today. :aha:
:pirate:

28 Oct 2022 14:34 #42679 by Charlotte
I've only encountered two cultists so far, and one was killed in a stream and got washed away... never to be seen again....

28 Oct 2022 16:44 #42684 by Valence
Lucky you.
I usually encounter three of them on every journey I make and seeing as they seem to like ranged magic attacks it's often tricky to chase them all down whilst continuing to live.
Interestingly (or not :dry:) the naked, looted bodies of the first two that I met are STILL lying there where I killed them. :)