July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

20 Oct 2022 19:36 - 20 Oct 2022 19:36 #42557 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Uhm... Fus Ro, Kyne?, another one and the whatsit one. :dumb:

So the unrelenting force, one that's "a whisper not a shout" and uh... one that calms animals I think... unless that's the whisper one. And the jumping/running fast one. That's the whatsit one.

There was one niche in the Ivarstead barrow that you had to jump to and I know I've been in a cave with a waterfall and a cavern opening up on the wall... Can't recall what cave that was, though.

Edit: and yes, I could look in game - if I hadn't just quit it... :dry: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2022 19:46 #42558 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Wow, you've got the running/jumping one?
Did you find that at a wall?
*googles*
Oh, yes.
You have been travelling around. :)

One of the earliest ones I got was fire breath and I used that until I got all three of unrelenting force. Once you have that it's far more useful than before.

20 Oct 2022 19:51 - 20 Oct 2022 19:57 #42559 by Charlotte
er, no, the greybeards just taught it to me... :dry: They even had a gate for practice purposes (Go through the gate before it closes)

I googled and I *think* I have
Fus Ro
Kaan
Raan
Wuld

Edit: I wish I had fire breath. :pout: Maybe in real life, even :woohoo: :pirate:

20 Oct 2022 20:03 #42560 by Valence
Yeah, that sounds right.
I was thinking that you'd got Wuld early, which is possible but is a long journey to have so soon. :P

Those dungeons and caves that require you to use it can be quite annoying cos ithe barriers/gaps always separate you from your follower leaving you to fight something on your own.

20 Oct 2022 20:07 #42561 by Valence
PS. I think it was one of the Companions Quests that takes you to the fire breath place. :paranoid:

21 Oct 2022 06:14 #42564 by Charlotte
Oh. I still haven't joined the companions. Or the thieves guild. Or the Dawnguard, the Stormcloaks or Imperial army... Did I miss anyone? :dry:

21 Oct 2022 11:50 #42567 by Valence
Still no Thieves Guild Armour? :ohmy:
But extra pockets!!

You're better off staying out of the war for now. I'm getting to the point where I'll have to take a side but I wish there was a third option. :S

Claiming Fallout 3 the other day inspired me to play a bit more of New Vegas, which I still have installed but haven't touched for ages. They're very good games, with a similar format to Elder Scrolls just in a different setting, but the greater importance and reliance on stats makes it a little difficult to get into. Not quite as bad as Morrowind with its stamina issues but the early combat can be frustrating. Also the shooty gunplay leads to far too much scavenging/shopping for ammo.
I did make some progress though a made my way to the Mojave Outpost while battling some scorpions and zombie things.
And then I ran out of ammo again. :eyeroll:

21 Oct 2022 12:02 - 21 Oct 2022 12:03 #42570 by Charlotte
I'm pretty sure you don't have to take a side... :dry: Judging from googling...

Edit: And extra pocketses!? Why didn't you say so BEFORE??? :ohmy:
(Then again, I don't like Brynjolf and his plan to frame someone innocent for theft...)

21 Oct 2022 13:37 - 21 Oct 2022 13:38 #42571 by Valence
Put on that charmed necklace plus your Thief outfit and you'll have another 30-40 points for carrying!
I also have the Hide Boots of Lifting too and I could do that ring enchantment as well if I wanted. I keep forgetting when I'm at home. :dumb:
My current carry weight is about 510 and I haven't been overencumbered for a while now. :thumbup:

And you do have to take a side in the end. :dry:
I think I know which one I'll be doing but I'm still not entirely happy with the dilemma.

21 Oct 2022 14:27 #42572 by Charlotte
"Because Skyrim encourages players to make their own way however they wish to, it's perfectly feasible to beat the game without ever choosing between the Skyrim Stormcloaks or Imperials. It's perfectly possible to skip this questline, which is technically a side quest, in your pursuit of Alduin."

I have boots of 40% fire resistance. I think I prefer those... Of course since I fast travel, being over encumbered isn't quite the same problem (since I can do several rounds quickly). Then again, if you want to slow walk everywhere you might as well be over encumbered anyway :dry: