July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

22 Oct 2022 22:10 - 22 Oct 2022 22:13 #42602 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Oops, sorry didn't see your message before I edited mine (as usual).

Lydia was never dead. There was another - a dead baddie - who temporarily glowed blue and had the name "Lydia's vampire" and an "E" that didn't do anything, but I don't know why. I don't think it had anything to do with Lydia - maybe that other one just had the same name. Maybe it was just so similar that I read it as Lydia in the confusion... :dumb:

Oh, the "tilde" that isn't the tilde at all on Swedish keyboards. I've finally learned that it is the § key, for me. Though whether I always remember, is another question.... I keep clicking it all the time, by accident. Hasn't messed anything up so far :P
(I hate it when games/programs have things tied to a key and you can't change it and it's not in the same place on a Swedish keyboard so I have no idea where to click...)

Edit, for the record, my backward accent is at the opposite end of that row. And my tilde is at the row below and at the opposite end of the tab key.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2022 16:07 #42612 by Charlotte
Hmm... The game has told me I need to do 3 favours for the people of Hjaalmarch before I can buy a house and b... ooh wait, that's the difference. I CAN buy the house but not become thane without all three? Because I did 2/3 and I can buy the house. Or rather plot of land. Now, should I or shouldn't I? It's a snowy windy cold sort of area.... :dry: But the house (when built) does look nice...

I'm having a bit of trouble finding enough people to do favours but I guess I need to look outside of the "town" Morthal. Well, I DID kill another dragon. Would I get a chest to store stuff, at least, if I buy the land??? I still haven't gone back to disrupt the skooma trade of Riften to get that house, so I still only have Breezehome.

But I did kill another dragon and gain a new shout, whatever it was, today. I also managed to kill a snow troll... or is it ice troll? Well, anyway, the troll and two of it's pals had been trying to kill the dragon which I guess made all of it easier for me and Lydia, as they had injured each other. And the troll's pals were found dead after all the fighting was over, so I guess the dragon got them. And a cow. :dry:

23 Oct 2022 16:56 - 23 Oct 2022 16:59 #42613 by Charlotte
I don't understand the saving system in Skyrim :(
I think I lost Allie again, but my last quicksave is after I saw her and the one before that is from yesterday. And the autosaves are all from after I saw Allie last. I left her somewhere in the wilderness thinking she'd appear when I fast travelled but she didn't. :(

Edit: and now Merlin stepped on my phone which was using a timer for cooking, that he reset so now I don't know when dinner's ready either :stare: 

23 Oct 2022 17:14 - 23 Oct 2022 17:17 #42614 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
It's probably more of a horsey thing than a savey thing.
I can't actually remember how the horses work in the base game. With my horse mod I just whistle and they appear like Roach in Witcher 3. :P

Oh, is that one of the other buildy homes? :excited:
Be prepared to spend lots of time making nails at the nearest forge. :lol:

Edit: Fast travel to the stables where the horse was purchased? :hmm:

23 Oct 2022 18:23 - 23 Oct 2022 18:27 #42615 by Charlotte
Well, it should appear outside any place I fast travel to. I fast travelled to Ustengrav and she wasn't there, so I fast travelled to Morthal and she wasn't there either. I gave her up, now, but maybe she'll appear if I fast travel to a place with stables.

For now I think I'll call it a night even though I'm stuck inside Ustengrav.

Edit, and yes, buildy home:
Edit 2 *tries another url*

26 Oct 2022 16:40 #42643 by Charlotte
Allie *was* in Whiterun stables :D

26 Oct 2022 17:16 #42645 by Valence
:excited:

26 Oct 2022 18:02 #42646 by Charlotte
On the other hand I almost lost Lydia for a bit... I had told her to wait for me in Ustengrav, and then of course I exited the place somewhere entirely else and had to go through almost the entire place again just to find her... (I did google and find that even if you tell someone to wait for you, they do eventually grow tired and head home... but I felt I should pick her up before leaving...)

26 Oct 2022 18:31 #42650 by Valence
I'm sure she loves chasing after you and your horse. :lol:

In Mad Max I have now successfully entered Gastown...

...and I get to do some actual story quests again instead of the hours of tedious level grinding and scavenging that was getting on my nerves. :dry:
Attachments:

26 Oct 2022 18:51 #42651 by Charlotte
That looks like an environmental disaster just waiting to happen :dry: