May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

22 Nov 2022 12:58 #43020 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Half-Bad is not half bad but the name is bad. Really bad.
And the soundtrack. That's mostly bad, too.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2022 13:28 #43021 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I think I'll pass 

22 Nov 2022 14:59 #43025 by Charlotte
I finished it :dumb:
Though seeing as it starts out by mentioning what will happen when witches turn 17 and then taking the entire season before the main character actually turns 17 (and also taking into account the ending) I suspect it's made to have a second season.

23 Nov 2022 17:46 #43038 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I was watching something called Tokyo Vice on normal TV last night and it was quite intriguing in a slow kind of way. I would definitely have gone straight on to the next episode if I hadn't been so tired.
I've also started on the first episode of Domina which certainly wasn't as good as Rome but there was just enough to keep me watching. For now.

And back on Netflix I have added 1899 to my watchlist. :stare:

23 Nov 2022 18:31 #43041 by Charlotte
1899 is on my maybe list. Tokyo Vice sounds vaguely familiar. I know I have seen Rome. Never heard of Domina. Or I did and forgot. :dumb:

I've been binging on Fringe all day.
The episode before the last one had me a bit annoyed with Walter claiming it wasn't at all unthinkable that Homo sapiens evolved more than once, as there have been multiple extinction events throughout "history". He was talking about pre-history of course. And when he said "millions and millions of years" he literally must have meant hundreds of millions of years. Since they also said it was "before the dinosaurs". So apparently Homo sapiens evolved once from fish (or possibly amphibians) and once from hominids. :eyeroll:

Whoever wrote that episode doesn't even understand the concept of evolution. And I guess I'd let the series get away with a lot anyway, but a friend claims that the Walter actor required that all science gobble should be based in actual possible science. If he did and believed that episode was OK, he must be an idiot.

(Not sure why it makes me so annoyed. Because other people might actually think it possible for humans to have lived before - or at the same time as - dinosaurs, maybe? Or because some idiots already do and they might feel they get "confirmation"?)

27 Nov 2022 12:58 #43087 by Valence
Last night I finally managed to watch All Quiet On The Western Front. I've been trying to watch it for the last two Saturdays but kept on gaming too late and leaving too little time to fit it in. But this time I forced myself to NOT have one more go. :)

27 Nov 2022 13:41 #43088 by Charlotte
I saw a post on FB today claiming a certain show on Netflix was dangerous and shouldn't be allowed. Not sure who the "sender" was but I bet it was just a way to get the show more views. Everyone posting comments seemed to be pro-weird-theories anyway...

Apparently the show posited that there had been another technologically advanced civilization before ours, or something. So kind of like Walter, except this guy said it was like 12,000 years ago I think. Or at least within actual human existence. One FB commenter actually did point out that he had absolutely no proof whatsoever for this theory... But apparently noot having proof isn't enough. You don't have any proof to the contrary either.

Why did I think of this? :dumb:
Oh, right, I read my own post from the other day... :dry:

27 Nov 2022 15:31 #43091 by Banj

Last night I finally managed to watch All Quiet On The Western Front. I've been trying to watch it for the last two Saturdays but kept on gaming too late and leaving too little time to fit it in. But this time I forced myself to NOT have one more go. :)

Strangely enough I also watched that yesterday. I thought it was fairly good. Maybe a little flat in the middle, and I felt like the political machinations could have done with more screen time.

27 Nov 2022 15:32 - 27 Nov 2022 15:35 #43092 by Valence
That's the silly Graham Hancock thing. He's been selling his dumb contradictory theories for over twenty years now. I remember reading one of his first books before everyone exposed him as a complete hack. Every few years he comes out with another book/show that suggests he's found some more "evidence" of the location of "Atlantis". First he said it was off the coast of Spain then later he claimed it's under the ice in Antarctica.
It gets very tiresome very quickly and people who teach archaeology always complain that they have to waste far too much time debunking all his dumb ideas to new students.

Edit: replying to Charlotte, obviously.
And yes, I quite liked the movie. It was a little too long and that middle bit probably contributed to that.

27 Nov 2022 15:36 #43093 by Banj
Sounds like Erich Von Daniken