April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

10 Apr 2022 11:14 #40322 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I tried to watch the new version of Death On The Nile last night with Kenneth Branagh's funny-accented moustache but it didn't hold my attention very well. I slept through so much of it that I didn't even see any murders. :dry:
It could have just been a normal travel show about expensive holidays. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2022 20:06 #40355 by Valence
Severance is also starting to be a bit like Dollhouse now. It seems to be like a lot of things without being quite as good as any of them. And yet the idea is still intriguing enough to keep me interested. For now. :dry:

14 Apr 2022 06:05 #40358 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I'm still watching La Cocina de Castamar. It's still a mix of Dangerous Liaisons and Barbara Cartland with some things like an adopted son of colour and gay couples thrown in to please modern audiences (not that I mind, it just shows that it's not based on an older story where these things would probably have been unthinkable).

It's not particularly good but I've seen enough to want to know how it all ends. :P And the clothes and house are pretty to look at. I think they try to make the cook look a bit like those Vermeer paintings. And to make sure we all know how pretty and kind she is, at least two people have mistaken her for an angel. So far.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Apr 2022 16:48 #40377 by Valence
Finished Severance last night... eventually. :dry:

I thought I'd finished it earlier and was disappointed with the ending and then realised that there was one more episode. :dumb:
So I watched that as well and was a bit less disappointed. :)
It was still interesting and it did keep you watching albeit in a cheap way (most of the early episodes had a lot of indulgent "nothing" followed by just one or two intriguing scenes to make you curious) but it really did need another idea to run alongside its One Good Idea just to fill it out a bit more.

16 Apr 2022 17:29 #40378 by Charlotte
I finished La cocinera too. It ended pretty much exactly how you would have expected it to, from episode one.

16 Apr 2022 17:46 #40379 by Valence
No surprise twists then. :P

Later tonight I shall be watching Dune. :excited:
And I'm looking forward to it so I'd better not fall asleep. :stare:

16 Apr 2022 18:42 #40380 by Charlotte
I've started watching Luna Nera, but now the cat has joined the other cat on my bed, so they can be well rested by the time I go to bed, I think I'll return to Subnautica.

17 Apr 2022 01:43 - 17 Apr 2022 01:44 #40382 by Valence

Later tonight I shall be watching Dune. :excited:
And I'm looking forward to it so I'd better not fall asleep. :stare:

It was very well done but... It was half a film. The halfiest half a film  I've ever seen and such an odd place to stop. And because of that long halfiness I did fall asleep too. Sorry. ;)

18 Apr 2022 15:17 #40390 by Valence
Now that I've finished all I wanted to watch on those other (free trial!) services I guess it's time to get back to Netflix again. :)
The big question now is... can I remember what happened in the previous episode of Lost In Space that I watched before Christmas or will I have to start the season again? :P

19 Apr 2022 20:24 #40396 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Speaking of Netflix, there was a teaser trailer for Love, robots.... Robots, love.... Death, robots... monsters and.... Love, Death and Robots today, but I can't be bothered to post it here as it doesn't show anything other than shots from previous seasons.