Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

24 Jan 2022 19:46 #39154 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

There are only six episodes in the season. :dry:
And it may be the last season. :unsure:

And by that I mean 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2022 19:52 #39156 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:giggle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Jan 2022 19:55 #39158 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Is it possible for it to be both wonderful and terrible news at the same time? 

24 Jan 2022 19:57 #39159 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I'm sure there won't be any loose ends at all. :aha:

24 Jan 2022 22:37 #39160 by Charlotte
Two episodes to go of Archive 81. Currently it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. :P

25 Jan 2022 14:12 - 25 Jan 2022 14:13 #39163 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, it wasn't the greatest story overall. Though I did like some of the exchanges, or how they did it between some of the characters. (Not trying to give spoilers) But I guess the connection they were having.

Watched another Swedish series day before yesterday, called 'Good Morning, Veronica' and though I found it lacking in the acting department and some characters were simply annoying, I found it odd a mention for the lead being a 'Best Actress' mention? But the last couple episodes were a bit better.

Also just started watching 'OZARK' yesterday. The fourth season was just added on Netflix, and I've had it in my queue for at least 2 years? Have heard a lot of talk on it. ... Got to the end of Season 1 last night, and it is a bit crazy, but they sure don't make Missouri look like a nice place to visit! :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

25 Jan 2022 14:51 #39164 by Charlotte
Swedish acting is usually lacking and many characters are annoying. If someone is supposed to show an emotional respons all they ever do is shout angrily. :dry:
"Good Morning, Veronica" is, however, Portuguese? :whistle:

25 Jan 2022 17:12 #39165 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yep, you're indeed correct. Brazilian/Portuguese. Must have gotten it mixed up with something else. But I have been watching a lot. ... But I also think the dubbing can add to the acting thing, since the voices don't always seem to fit them well, or portray the emotion/s. But that's just a guess.

Ozark has been entertaining to say the least, but also Bat @*$^& crazy as well.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

25 Jan 2022 20:08 #39166 by Charlotte
Well, I finished Archive 81...

I thought much of the "idea" was OK, though I hate it that horror type stuff can never just wrap up neatly. Even if it's for the chance to make a second season, in this case. What bothered me the most with it, was the way people acted and the way they kept using "the f word". I felt that people acted/reacted in odd ways given the circumstances. But I guess I can't go into how, exactly, without spoilers. :dry:

Half-spoilers:
Warning: Spoiler!

I was curious about the "ancient language" in the series (some words were definitely recognisable and others not at all) so I googled the series, and the page I ended up reading somehow led on to "Better than Us" (I thinkk there must have been an image link) And that series in turn sounded very much like a Swedish series I saw parts of ages ago. Well, apparently "Better than us" is Russian and the review of THAT, says "You can't help but think of British show 'Humans'" - what they don't mention is that the British series is actually inspired by a Swedish series. And yes, that's the one I was thinking about. So convoluted. :dumb: (Swedish show is basically called "Real People" or "Real Humans". It was one I didn't find crappy, which, as you might be aware by now, is unusual.)

25 Jan 2022 20:52 #39169 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I didn't know Humans was based on another show. :dumb:
It was one of those shows that promised a lot but didn't quite deliver in the end. Plus it ended up being overshadowed by Westworld which did the whole robot thing much, much better.