May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

23 Jan 2022 18:23 #39134 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I've started watching Archive 81 now. Not yet through the first episode, it seems a bit slow, but interesting.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2022 18:27 #39135 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, it is a bit slow. And I actually got my wife to watch it, after she saw bits here and there when I was watching it. She liked it too, but did say 'numerous times' that it was a bit slow most times. Told her the first episode was the slowest, I think. But it gets a bit faster with other things that start to come into play. ... Hope you enjoy it. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

23 Jan 2022 18:35 #39136 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Again, I'm really liking watching stuff from other countries, mostly because they are all new folks to me, and not seeing the same old faces. ... But I am starting to see some of them in other series, but not many.

They're mostly from anywhere outside the US, but most have been Netherlands, Spanish, Brazilian, Swedish, Korean, etc. ... But I still won't watch many I have to read sub-titles throughout. I don't mind a little here and there, but for the entire movie, I don't get to enjoy the BG/scenery along with hearing the dialog. (Even though dubbed voices don't always fit. To me at least.)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

23 Jan 2022 23:46 - 23 Jan 2022 23:47 #39137 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

I actually enjoyed Free Guy, to which I know Mr. Reynolds isn't a popular person around here. (And I agree with some of that as well myself) But overall I liked the film.

To be fair, I quite liked it too. There were some funny video game jokes in there and it did capture the absurdities of gaming culture. But it did feel like chunks of it were rewritten when he signed up for it to give him some more of those "classic" Ryan Reynolds scenes. There was one particular moment when we had to focus silently on his grinning smirking face for what seemed like several minutes. I had to hit fast forward for a bit. :lol:

And I don't mind subtitles. I always have them on for English dialogue too. Comes in handy when I'm occasionally deaf, as I have been this week. :dry:

24 Jan 2022 15:18 - 24 Jan 2022 15:19 #39147 by Charlotte
Icky icky icky icky icky :nope:

Edit, for clarification: Not referring to Val's temporary deafness, but to a scene in Archive 81.

24 Jan 2022 15:55 #39148 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

24 Jan 2022 18:38 #39149 by Banj
Gets 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime. Discovers that Season 6 of The Expanse only has 6 episodes released so far meaning I may not get to the end of that season before my trial ends 

Puts season 3 watch of Westworld DVDs on hold to binge watch everything possible on Prime. Don't go anywhere, I'll be back in 30 days 

24 Jan 2022 19:11 #39151 by Charlotte
:dry:

Personally I find it very difficult to focus on watching anything (or painting, or sleeping, or you name it) when one of the cats keep meowling... HE IS NEVER QUIET. Almost never. And he's adorably cute. But he still makes me feel all frazzled.

24 Jan 2022 19:16 #39152 by Banj
I know the feeling 

24 Jan 2022 19:43 #39153 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
There are only six episodes in the season. :dry:
And it may be the last season. :unsure: