May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

10 Dec 2021 15:30 #38392 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Well, I didn't like the "God knew this would happen so he made the aliens allergic to us, but they won't notice until millions are dead". I never really like the "It's all God's doing" kind of plot. But that might be part of the original story as well, so...

The book is out of copyright, you can go Googling and download a copy and read it to find out 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2021 17:23 #38395 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Dec 2021 19:27 #38401 by Charlotte
I've now seen the first episode of War of the Worlds. It's OK so far, though I'm not sure I care for the interspersed glimpses of the future... They feel like spoilers. :dry:

11 Dec 2021 23:09 #38428 by Charlotte
Seen the second episode of War of the Worlds.

And keep watching DC Titans. It's getting annoying. Again. Everyone keeps yelling at everyone else about taking off on their own and risking their lives instead of working as a team and then they run off on their own risking their lives instead of working as a team. Again. And again... *sigh*

13 Dec 2021 16:41 #38432 by Charlotte
Finished War of the Worlds. I liked it better, though it was rather bleak and the last episode felt long and slow and not entirely necessary. Like the important bits could have been included in part 2 and part 3 could just have been left out. I'm also sceptical to the aliens being able to construct anything, and especially space ships and mechas, when all they had were "blades" for limbs...

13 Dec 2021 18:31 #38433 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

I'm also sceptical to the aliens being able to construct anything, and especially space ships and mechas, when all they had were "blades" for limbs...

I want to know how all the cars in the movie Cars manage to construct all kinds of things, large and small, even though they're all ... cars. Without ANY limbs. Just ... wheels. :dry:

13 Dec 2021 18:40 - 13 Dec 2021 19:04 #38434 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
It's one of the endless mysteries of the universe, like how the Klingons can keep yakking on about honour in battle while continuing to sneak up on people using invisible space ships.

Meanwhile I've been watching Arcane and it's actually pretty damn good. Netflix seem to be far more competent at animation than they are at producing live action entertainment.

13 Dec 2021 18:49 #38435 by Valence
I've been mostly enjoying it. I just have two episodes to go and aside from one moment in the previous one there hasn't been too much of that gimmicky shift in art styles that bug me so much and give me headaches. In fact I really do like the painterly way that they render the faces. I wish the smoke/mist/dust clouds were a little more consistent though. Sometimes it's realistic and moody yet at other times it's that awkward flat 2D-style stuff that looks like something from a cheap kids show.

And for me the story did become a little duller after...
Warning: Spoiler!

...but I'm still looking forward to the final episodes tonight. :)

13 Dec 2021 18:53 - 13 Dec 2021 18:54 #38436 by Charlotte
Sounds like I should Arcane to my list :hmm:

EDIT: And no, I didn't show the spoiler! :stare:

13 Dec 2021 20:02 #38437 by Valence
Yes, it's definitely worth watching. :)

And the spoiler is from episode 4 onwards. :stare: