March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

24 Nov 2021 20:26 #38061 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Kirsten Dunst! Smol!

Probably why she was in Little Women 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2021 21:02 #38063 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
It's possible :paranoid:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Nov 2021 21:18 #38064 by Banj
I seem to recall them all being regular sized women though, which was disappointing.

24 Nov 2021 21:34 #38065 by Charlotte
I recall something like mom trying to buy me the book but making a mistake and getting "Little Woman" or something instead. Or "Small Women"? Can't recall exactly what it was, but I think the "typo" was just one letter. A whole different book, though, but I can't remember what happened to it. I don't think I ever read it.

*after googling*
(It was a bit difficult to get google to stop recommending me to search for Little Women instead - actually it never did - but I found a book called Little Woman by a Ellen Akins, that was published a few years before the Little Women film came out. So that's probably the one, though reading the story description it sounds utterly unfamiliar.)

27 Nov 2021 14:06 #38103 by Charlotte
Tried to give Red Notice another chance. I don't dislike Mr Reynolds as fervently as some people I know... :dry: but nope. His character in this film is not funny, just annoying. It's like he's trying to be Deadpool but... without being Deadpool.

27 Nov 2021 14:48 #38104 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
My movie channels are about to run out this week so I've been watching a film or two these past days. Seeing as I've been enjoying the Mad Max game I rewatched Fury Road and... it still felt like the two hour car chase I thought it was first time. :dry:
But this time I did enjoy spotting all the different types of cars that I've been acquiring in the game. :lol:

After that I watched Birds Of Prey and I didn't expect to like it. I've never been much of a fan of the Harley Quinn character. Her infantile voice really gets on my nerves and this film starts... with a Harley Quinn voice-over that continues throughout the movie. :argh:
Despite that it did improve as it went on but I did fall asleep and probably snoozed through too much to be able to honestly say whether I liked it or hated it. :P

27 Nov 2021 14:57 #38105 by Charlotte
Wouldn't her voice depend on which actor portrayed her? :dumb:

27 Nov 2021 17:25 #38106 by Valence
Perhaps. But her "little girl" voice is just as iconic as Batman's unnaturally deep mumblings, which are also a bit tiresome, so everyone ends up doing it anyway. :)

Also I almost watched a Bruce Willis movie called Cosmic Sin ... or something like that. :dry:
Almost. I'd never heard it so I had a quick Google and found it was one of the worst-reviewed films I'd ever seen so I decided to not bother with it. :lol:

27 Nov 2021 17:33 #38108 by Banj

Tried to give Red Notice another chance. I don't dislike Mr Reynolds as fervently as some people I know... :dry: but nope. His character in this film is not funny, just annoying. It's like he's trying to be Deadpool but... without being Deadpool.

And this is my problem with him. He has always done the same thing in every film he's in. I can tolerate him in very small doses, but he quickly becomes incredibly grating throughout an entire film of him doing... him (and he was doing that same annoying performance long before Deadpool).

27 Nov 2021 17:49 #38109 by Valence
I liked him when he was a slightly chubby college kid that quickly died in an old X-Files episode. :aha:
Quickly dying suits him.