April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

06 Dec 2021 17:40 #38324 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I see what you mean Val :dry:
I'm pretty sure I'll avoid watching that one.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2021 19:11 #38327 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I'll be overjoyed when this fad of varying jerkiness to the animation is long gone and forgotten. A few of those Love, Death And Robot thingies were guilty of it and there are a couple of TV adverts at the moment that are particularly bad but this Spiderverse thing, with all the other gimmicks thrown on top, is by far the worst. I understand that they're trying to make you think of those old stop-motion techniques but they were consistent. This smooth camera motion mixed with jerky characters seemingly stuck on their keyframes never stops being horrible. I feel like I'm having a seizure! :pout:

07 Dec 2021 12:28 - 07 Dec 2021 12:30 #38331 by Valence
Managed to get another TV freebie, this time an AppleTV+ thingie for a few months. So I watched that Tom Hanks/doggie/robot movie called Finch. Didn't think I'd like it due to the rather awkward start but it gradually won me over and I did end up enjoying it.

Surprisingly there isn't really that much on that particular service. 90% of the content is stuff that you have to pay extra to watch. A bit like Amazon... but even worse! They have those new Star Trek Discovery shows but charge £2.50 for every episode. :ohmy:
Won't be watching that. :nope:
But I'll definitely try to watch Foundation sometime.

But in the meantime that other NowTV freebie is running out this week so I'm trying to squeeze in season one of Billions which is one of those shows where I hate all of the characters. :lol:

08 Dec 2021 19:05 #38350 by Charlotte
Started watching the new season of DC Titans. I had forgotten the series even existed... :dumb:

09 Dec 2021 23:35 #38376 by Valence
I am now watching the first episode of Arcane even though it'll probably have some of that jerky animation that I don't like plus I don't know anything about League Of Legends anyway. :dumb:

10 Dec 2021 01:00 #38377 by Valence
...well that was surprisingly good. It didn't give me a headache at least. :P
The only thing I really disliked was the character Mylo who seemed to be a completely different design to everyone else with his pointy chin and ridiculous "Anime" hair. Oh and the animated smoke seemed weirdly flat too.
I still don't know anything about League Of Legends but I understood enough about the world and the story to not worry about it and will return for episode three.

10 Dec 2021 13:44 #38383 by Charlotte
Hmm there's a British miniseries War of the Worlds on SVTPlay. I wonder if it's better than the Tom Cruise movie? (I do recall seeing an even older movie when I was little and didn't understand much of it, as well, but the series seem to be recent. Well, reasonably recent. 2018, apparently.)

10 Dec 2021 14:20 #38384 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Probably the BBC one. I haven't seen it, so I don't know if it's any good or not. I like the Tom Cruise film, my only complaint about it is Spielberg's stupid idea of having the war machines already here buried under the earth.

10 Dec 2021 14:37 #38386 by Charlotte
Well, I didn't like the "God knew this would happen so he made the aliens allergic to us, but they won't notice until millions are dead". I never really like the "It's all God's doing" kind of plot. But that might be part of the original story as well, so...

10 Dec 2021 15:00 #38389 by Valence
I liked the older setting of the British one and it started out pretty good but fell apart fairly quickly.
I also quite like the Tom Cruise one. Even if the idea of buried machines isn't great that scene where it first emerges from the ground is amazing and the sound effects/design are incredible.