April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

01 May 2015 10:56 #10457 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I managed to sit through the first episode of that. I had a strange feeling of Deja-Vu while I was watching it as if I'd seen it before :blink: . It was crap, so I never watched any more (and wished I hadn't bothered wasting an hour watching that one). It also reminded me somewhat of the Derren Brown apocalypse thing which I also thought was rubbish. I generally dislike (un)Reality TV programs.

Having said all that, if real zombies got into the Big Brother house like in Dead Set, then I would be tempted to watch it... then again, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between zombies and the regular contestants.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2015 11:10 #10458 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
I loved Dead Set, i thought it might have been something like that, but alas no.

I hate reality (un) TV in all its forms. Its cheap entertainment and i just genuinely don't 'get' it.

02 May 2015 08:48 - 02 May 2015 08:49 #10477 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
me neither. I don't even get how people can be so desperate to get their faces on TV that they're willing to become an international laughing stock... (Lately there's been a lot of stuff from "Ex on the Beach" during commercial breaks here...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 May 2015 09:41 #10479 by kazky
Oh god Charlotte why would people do that show, the problem is some people do get famous from these shows so they continue to have people willing to take part.
Unfortunately if people keep watching, the shows will keep being made, why do people keep watching??
I long for the 'good old shows' that were actually entertaining!

02 May 2015 10:48 - 02 May 2015 10:49 #10481 by edtuckerartist
Replied by edtuckerartist on topic The Trailer Park
Is there actually anything good on tv? Not watched tv since christmas, well not on my tv, watched The walking dead, Game of thrones and some Orphan black online. Oh and when it's on I can't miss Doctor Who!

02 May 2015 11:12 #10482 by kazky
Nope there isn't ed, not stuff that I like, I do tend to watch documentaries mostly and movies.

02 May 2015 11:28 #10483 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
The Walking Dead series 5 just started last night on Spike, before Breaking bad (so double goodness... or is that badness?).**

** This probably means nothing if you are outside the UK.

02 May 2015 11:31 #10484 by kazky
Yeah I saw that, eleven though i've watching this series, I'll watch it again, there's some genuinely gripping moments

02 May 2015 13:18 #10485 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
The Walking Dead has been by far the best thing on TV these past few years. The months between the new seasons feel very long indeed. I've never seen a single episode of Breaking Bad despite wanting to. The world seems to conspire against me to stop me watching it and this latest run is no different.
One thing I have enjoyed recently has been Inside Number 9 (again means nothing to non UK viewers, sorry.) The episode with Sheridan Smith was a little masterpiece and this weeks story about the seance was scary then funny then scary then funny etc.

02 May 2015 20:26 #10493 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Monday: Once Upon a Time, CSI, Stalker (last episode next week though)
Tuesday: Nothing
Wednesday: Nada
Thursday: Agents of Shield, The Flash (could watch Gotham or the Originals too, but I'm not feeling any of those)
Friday: Nothing (unless the Rizzoli & Isles episode I missed yesterday was a new season)
Saturday: Grimm (skipping Vampire Diaries tough - immortal teenagers are the worst!)
Sunday: Nothing. Used to be Musketeers and Person of Interest, though. The channel showing the Musketeers showed 7 of 10 episodes and then promptly moved the program to 1 am on Friday mornings for the rest of the season. Grrr.

Love Game of Thrones btw, but not showing on Swedish telly right now.

I'd prefer to have like 1 hour of telly every night because it helps me get to bed at a reasonable time. But sometimes no telly is good too, for painting like :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.