March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

10 Dec 2015 15:04 #12969 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I was determined to not be interested in it but I'm afraid it's infected me with hype now. In fact I've just watched the new Chinese trailer moments ago and the sound is just awesome! (Especially that tiny bit of the Imperial March!) I'm excited by sound, how sad is that? :)

You have to venture into the weird(o) world of Reddit to see the effect of your picture. This discussion has all the links. And there are probably spoilers just one click away. You have been warned!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2015 15:13 #12970 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

You have to venture into the weird(o) world of Reddit to see the effect of your picture. This discussion has all the links. And there are probably spoilers just one click away. You have been warned!

Interesting :hmm:. Wouldn't it be amusing if Dsiney/Lucasfilm plagueis-ised... I mean plagiarised my artwork that was based on their character. :S :huh:

10 Dec 2015 15:42 #12971 by Valence
I hope it's true. It'd be great if Banj is now canon! :)

But you've probably already been in contact with Disney and are just pretending not to be interested as part of the NDA. You can't fool me. :lol:

10 Dec 2015 15:47 #12972 by Banj
I wish I had. But it's quite entertaining being part of a massive media conspiracy. I had no idea I would ever be so involved in a Star Wars film while being completely uninvolved in a Star Wars film. :blink:

10 Dec 2015 23:13 #12973 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
*is just confused and too tired to read the whole thing (and who wants to read one of those long thread discussions anyway? Uhm, I mean... on any other forum?)* :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Dec 2015 01:16 #12974 by Valence
Yes, I find Reddit mostly unreadable too (somewhat ironic considering its name.) Sadly most Star Wars clickbait eventually leads there.

To summarize more simply: Banj has been at the centre of a nerd-fight without even realising it after one of his pictures was rehashed in a magazine promoting the new film. This explains it in a more understandable way.

11 Dec 2015 09:18 - 11 Dec 2015 09:29 #12976 by Banj

This explains it in a more understandable way.

Except that also gives incorrect information. My painting was created in 2008 not 2012 as it says there**. :confident:

I suspect the truth is that several Ewoks are standing on each other shoulders under a long cloak, and that they are the masterminds behind whatever is going on. Yubnub!

EDIT - ** it appears people now believe my artwork is from a 2012 book. :facepalm:

11 Dec 2015 12:14 #12977 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
That's too funny. :) ... But couldn't you then say, that your artwork is literally years ahead of others. :D

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

11 Dec 2015 22:35 #12980 by Valence
Well that was anticlimactic! It looks nothing like your pic (if the artbook is to be believed.)
I think I prefered the Banj version. But at least we can all put the lawyers away now. And you got some free (but factually inaccurate) publicity.
Damn those nerdy fanboys and their crazy theories! :)

12 Dec 2015 10:29 #12983 by Banj
So, to misquote Obi-Wan Kenobi "That's no Muun!"

Looking at the new image that is doing the rounds it looks like...

Warning: Spoiler!