April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

19 Dec 2015 16:27 - 19 Dec 2015 16:30 #13040 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic The Trailer Park

If the movies follow the original plot wise, as they have been,

Say whut now?

I mean, the 2nd star trek reboot had the same Khan plot line as the original sequel, so i'm thinking the 3rd reboot will involve some of the plot from the 3rd orginal movie, please god no.. :X Although maybe they go into the afterlife after him, like in the poltergeist movies, hence the 'beyond'.

How are you people already seeing Star Wars !? I had to buy my ticket 3 months ago ! Val I will just say one spoiler about the movie.. I liked it ! ( I know that's going to give everything away tho :lol: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2015 22:21 #13043 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I live in a small town. Usually I'm one of the few who even want to see fantasy or sci fi (or action)*. People here are boring :P They want Swedish comedies and dubbed animations. Can't do original language animated movies nooooo because we're all soooo bad at English. *sigh*

But for star wars there was quite a queue. (And I lost my ticket money because I was an airhead and had to go back and get more money just as I reached the front of the queue and then go back to the last place in line. But we still got good seats. :)

*when I had just moved here I went to see one of the Narnia movies and there was a problem so they couldn't show it - I was apparently the only one who had wanted to see it anyway and next time, although all the staff were different, they knew I was the one who missed Narnia and let me get in free :P (I must be the only short, fat, blonde woman with glasses in this town.) And a couple of weeks ago four of us went to see Tale of Tales but they had issues again so there was no movie. And again it seemed we were the only four people who showed up to see it... (Might have had something to do with it being a last minute replacement for another movie they couldn't show.... I think our local cinema might have some functionality issues...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Dec 2015 15:33 #13049 by hobbyhorse
Replied by hobbyhorse on topic The Trailer Park
Charlotte- I had heard there were issues with the digital copy that was sent over seas..something about it being corrupted, so it wasn't the theater's fault but whoever makes the distribution copies in the States. Hope you get to see it soon...it's good.

21 Dec 2015 16:56 #13057 by Charlotte
Oh my, I should blame the Americans!? :P
WEll, they weren't going to show it at all originally so I doubt I'll get the chance here, but eventually it'll be on TV and/or DVD anyway. Ususally it's aired on TV the day after I buy it on DVD...

25 Dec 2015 16:50 #13072 by microscopi
Well it's easy to blame Americans for everything :P Kids, but seriously I went to Europe once and almost got my ass kicked because some drunk Englishman thought I sounded American, wtf? I said I was Canadian and got a hug instead, crazy brits!

Oh and Merry Christmas guys :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

26 Dec 2015 10:24 #13078 by Charlotte
:woohoo: HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :woohoo:

24 Dec 2016 20:43 #14972 by Charlotte
yikes! was my last post in this thread made a year ago or do I have total amnesia? (I can't see post dates on my phone but only remember posting happy holidays in the random thread)

anyway I saw Rogue One recently and also bought a magazine for my holiday train travelling which was about star wars. and packed an old ifx issue on the star wars theme, that I've yet to read. was wondering who else saw rogue one and what you thought...? anyone do any recent fanart? :)

24 Dec 2016 21:52 #14973 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Yes, the one year gap checks out. :)

I haven't seen the film (and won't until it's on TV/DVD) but amidst all the hype I've become far too obsessed with Tarkin and couldn't resist downloading the leaked footage of his scenes.
Does it fool you on the big screen?

25 Dec 2016 04:33 #14974 by microscopi
Hey guys Merry Christmas! :woohoo:

I got lost in non-digital art for the past couple months, but I will be making a return to the digital world again soon. I managed to finish a few canvas paintings and still working on my comic, thank god as i'm still on welfare so I have to get creative with my gifts !! Thanks for the Christmas email Banj, it left a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :P

I've seen Rogue One and Passengers. Rogue one was full of star wars battle action, and I didn't even know about the Tarkin thing until half way through the movie, my friend didn't even know he was a digital char, it was really well done !

I liked Passengers, although it gets hard to watch after the *twist which happens pretty early on, sorry for the spoiler * :X

27 Dec 2016 22:10 #14981 by Charlotte
Actually I felt Tarkin was rather obviously CGI but only when he talked. The facial animation reminded me of the Harry Potter house elves....