April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

30 Apr 2015 11:17 #10429 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Haven't watched much horror... When I was a kid I found that I just didn't think they were well-made enough (the few I saw) so I just sort of ignored the whole genre after that... Definately not a gore fan either (though zombie movies can be fun anyway)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2015 11:20 #10430 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic The Trailer Park
yeah that's my exception to the gore rule, zombie movies, I don't actually class those as gore, though I suppose they are,

30 Apr 2015 16:34 #10433 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I think they usually are :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

30 Apr 2015 21:30 #10437 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic The Trailer Park
Here's some controversy! I think Jurassic world looks awful!! Who came up with idea of a genetically modified super dinosaur!?? Aren't they all genetically modified anyway!

Some things just shouldn't be trifled with. The new terminator movie for example. What a mistake that is! Last thing we need is to have the canon of classic movie franchises messed with. Remakes... meh. But to mess with existing stories because the franchise is a reasonably safe bet is a rubbish idea!

A note on gore: Like you guys, I really don't like it. When people watch romantic films, they feel all romantic. When they watch an action film, the feel pumped up and thrilled. When they watch graphic and hideous violence, won't that have an affect too??

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

30 Apr 2015 22:55 #10443 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic The Trailer Park
I'm all for Chris Pratt to reboot the Indiana Jones Franchise, I think that would be a good idea, as they're doing so for all the iconic 80's movies, but I definitely agree that they should leave some ideas on the table. I'm not sure why they would make a theme park like disney world with dinosaurs, they still make you stay in a car at the lion safari ! :unsure:

I have mixed feelings about horror movies, my step brother forced me to watch walking dead and scary ass crap when I was 10, but I turned out ok, .. I think :S

01 May 2015 08:03 - 01 May 2015 08:21 #10448 by kazky

A note on gore: Like you guys, I really don't like it. When people watch romantic films, they feel all romantic. When they watch an action film, the feel pumped up and thrilled. When they watch graphic and hideous violence, won't that have an affect too??

no i don't think it does luckily, Most of us still have the ability to know right and wrong, so while it's fine to feel romance or excitement watching a movie like that, it doesn't make us romantic fools or action hero's, or killers, or mutilators by the same token. The age old saying, if your friend jumped off a bridge would you kind of has good meaning here.

I think it sill makes most people will feel horrified. I do however think it is desensitizing us to this sort of thing, so that there needs to be more gore in movies to 'thrill'.

After watching The Running Man years ago i became convinced that that sort of game show would exist at some point, we're getting there.

01 May 2015 09:56 - 01 May 2015 09:56 #10450 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

After watching The Running Man years ago i became convinced that that sort of game show would exist at some point, we're getting there.

Channel 4 had a game show called Wanted many years ago that was basically The Running Man (the novel, not the film adaptation which is completely different). The only difference was, nobody died.

01 May 2015 09:59 #10451 by kazky
soon. people will die.....

That will also be the game show title :D

01 May 2015 10:23 #10453 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

soon. people will die.....

That will also be the game show title :D

Hopefully that will just be the next series of Big Brother.

01 May 2015 10:45 #10456 by kazky
oh god let that happen!
Did anyone watch any of the 'I survived the zombie apocalypse' series?
That was just too painful to watch, I gave it the benefit of the doubt by watching 1 & a half episodes, then I killed my TV
(no TV's were actually harmed)