April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

12 Jan 2020 01:18 - 12 Jan 2020 01:19 #27426 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
...and that movie of choice has now been watched. I enjoyed it a lot more than Prometheus but I guess it didn't promise as much as that did and therefore didn't set itself up for failure.
However one enormous criticism is the fact that it felt very familiar if you've watched and still remember certain Star Trek episodes. And it wasn't just the plot and themes, at one point it felt like they'd lifted large chunks of dialogue too. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2020 10:27 #27427 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:dry: oops?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Jan 2020 13:15 #27429 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
What a day Saturday was.

John Wick 3... rubbish.
Hellboy (the remake)... rubbish.
The ultimate everything comes to a conclusion season 8 finale to Game of Thrones... rubbish.

I kind of expected the first two to be trash so I had them on while I was focused on constructing a Millennium Falcon but I had my fingers crossed for GoT. My fingers betrayed me and have been brutally slaughtered like all traitors, I then removed all my limbs for good measure.

12 Jan 2020 13:54 #27431 by Charlotte
...and typed the above with your tongue?

Would that be a small Millennium Falcon or a big one in which you could take us all for a spin around the solar system? *fingers crossed for the latter* (It's OK, I'm a merciful ruler, they won't be slaughtered if they fail me...)

It's sad to hear the GoT finale wasn't up to scratch (you're not the first to say it). I'm still looking forward to seeing for myself, though. In like 8 months time or so... :dry:

12 Jan 2020 15:18 #27432 by Valence
Careful with those GoT spoilers, Banj.
You can have a rant when Charlotte has seen it. :lol:

12 Jan 2020 16:35 #27433 by Charlotte
I ended up watching an episode of Norsemen instead of any Marvel/DC thing... Kind of funny (also somewhat gross but in a different way from the "horror" shows). Everyone speaks English with a heavy Norwegian accent and nobody seems quite sure about what they're doing :p

Of course, I'd probably find it funny because of the Norwegian accent alone. :dry:
(Don't judge me - I grew up with Jon Skolmen and Fleksnes on TV - I always find Norwegian funny, even the News...)

13 Jan 2020 00:44 #27434 by Charlotte
Feeling a little under the weather, tired and bored I went to bed as early as 8 pm. Which of course backfired because I woke up at 10 and could not get back to sleep. Got up around midnight and watched the first episode of DC: Legends of tomorrow. Seems to be pretty run of the mill superhero stuff (no surprise since it's all peeps from Flash and Arrow... or is that Green Arrow?) - which also means it's good enough for me :p

13 Jan 2020 01:20 #27436 by Valence
Don't you get that on "normal" TV? Over here it's on the same channel as those other ones you mentioned and they show them all at the same time so that the crossover episodes make sense. Well, almost make sense. :lol:
To me it never went beyond feeling like a show filled with secondary characters.
And it gets very bizarre in later seasons. :confident:

I'm not sure I've seen ANY Norwegian shows so I can't offer an opinion on the accents. We tend to get more Swedish and Danish ones and I can only just tell those apart... barely. :S
It makes me wonder if other countries can tell the difference between English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, etc.

Oh, but now I've just remembered that when watching the title sequence of The Expanse the subtitles always say "Woman singing in Norwegian" so I obviously HAVE heard that accent! :lol:

13 Jan 2020 10:08 #27437 by Charlotte
Well, I still haven't got my "digital box" to work so I only have a very few channels. And since I got Netflix I don't really watch them either... But before I had these TV-problems I did see Flash (and on occasion the Arrow one) on there, yes. Not the Legends of Tomorrow, though.

If you have Norsemen on Netflix you could give it a few minutes. :P
Oh and if she sings in Norwegian, that's the language, not the accent ;)

As for British accents, I can hear them differ but not always (read: hardly ever) tell what's what. Or whether it's a bland sort of American. (As for American accents I can pretty much only tell that southern drawl.)

13 Jan 2020 20:59 #27449 by Valence
Yay, it's Batman!
No- wait. It's a man with bats. A Man Bat?
And wasn't he the Joker once? And now he's...
And that's the bird man... And...
No, it's ...erm...

OK, I have no idea what this is....