April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

19 Dec 2019 19:55 #27141 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Don't know what this is about. Timey-wimey-backwards something. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2019 21:06 #27142 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park

Maybe the townsfolk are trapped in some kind of never ending stoooorrrryyyy...

ooooh Now I know that wasn't just a random joke! :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Dec 2019 23:13 #27155 by Charlotte
I thought I'd have to watch one episode a week of Witcher but apparently they make the whole season available at once. I wonder if it'll last me until tomorrow? :p (Jury's still out on exactly what I think of it, but it does remind me of the game at least - that is W1 which is the only game I actually played as of yet...)

21 Dec 2019 01:57 #27156 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Haven't watched any of it yet and still haven't played the game. I may install it at Christmas and pretend it's a present. :lol:
I've managed to get access to an Amazon free trial so I've started binging The Expanse as Banj suggested a few pages back. I'll probably try to get through a season of that before I give in to The Witcher.

21 Dec 2019 15:59 #27162 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Well Season 4 of The Expanse was released a few days ago (which I have already finished), so now was probably a good time to binge your way through it.

21 Dec 2019 19:39 - 21 Dec 2019 22:24 #27172 by Charlotte
I saw a Swedish article heading asking whether the Witcher is the next Game of Thrones.
It's obviously not.
I'll try to not give any spoilers, but once you watch it you will know what I mean by "Hm."

Also, the bard in the game seemed a popular guy. In the TV series, not so much. And his singing is not the best of soundtracks... (now compare that with the intro/theme to GoT which still gives me shivers...)

EDIT: and that was the end of season 1. I am not overwhelmed.

23 Dec 2019 16:13 #27186 by Banj

I saw a Swedish article heading asking whether the Witcher is the next Game of Thrones.

Hm.

Having struggled my way through the first couple of episodes last night and finding it difficult to consider ever watching another episode, I can safely say no, it isn't. It is possibly the worst piece of television I have sat through for some time. If the games are anything at all like this then I don't think I'll bother with those either.

23 Dec 2019 16:25 #27189 by Charlotte
Well, I'd say it's easier to recognise parts of the game in the TV series than the other way around. Also they do use a very convoluted timeline, which doesn't really clear up until the end of the season. But I guess you may have noticed that. (Took me a couple of episodes, really - or more like four...)

23 Dec 2019 16:44 #27192 by Banj
Maybe one of the characters should have just told everyone at the beginning like they constantly told the audience everything else instead of actually showing it. :eyeroll:

23 Dec 2019 16:48 #27193 by Charlotte
You noticed that too, eh? The dialogue isn't overly impressive... Not even when they're not saying much... "hmm"