Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

18 Dec 2019 16:16 #27119 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:D

Sorry...
:giggle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2019 19:10 #27122 by Charlotte
Watching season 3 of Stranger Things. Seems to me to be more intense and kind of actually scary than the two previous seasons? Or maybe not scary, only more gory. Not sure, but I'm not having nightmares yet :D

I visited my former job the other day and several of them watch Stranger Things too - They thought the very first episode was SO GOOD. I remember thinking I'd give it one or two more episodes but I'd probably not care for it :P

18 Dec 2019 21:04 #27124 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I still prefer the early ones.
There seems to be less mystery and adventure to it now. Surely everyone in the town knows what's going on now. You'd think they'd move away. :lol:

18 Dec 2019 23:07 #27128 by Valence
Twice before I have mentioned almost watching Captain Marvel before going on to choose another option. But tonight...

Yes, I'm pressing that button now! Here goes....

19 Dec 2019 13:34 #27129 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

I still prefer the early ones.
There seems to be less mystery and adventure to it now. Surely everyone in the town knows what's going on now. You'd think they'd move away. :lol:

Maybe the townsfolk are trapped in some kind of never ending stoooorrrryyyy...

19 Dec 2019 13:49 #27131 by Charlotte
Most of them seem quite oblivious (honestly they don't react much to anything - people going missing, their bosses being beat up by the Chief of Police, whatever). Anyway I think the living strawberry jam is quite icky.

and I didn't have nightmares but I'm pretty sure Lucas's little sister Erica was part of my dreams last night... :blink: Which actually might qualify as a nightmare... Except I was pretty good at avoiding her. Mostly.

19 Dec 2019 14:37 #27132 by Valence
Captain Marvel was.... OK. :shrug:

It was a little confusing at the start because of the way they told the story in the wrong order with lots of memories and flashbacks, but I suppose they have to try something different to make it stand out from the other billion superhero origin stories. :dry:
And at the end I wasn't quite sure what her powers actually were. She seemed to be able to do whatever the plot required at any given moment.

19 Dec 2019 18:47 #27136 by Charlotte
She's ALMIGHTY :woohoo:

was it on Netflix? (I haven't seen it yet, either)

19 Dec 2019 19:18 #27137 by Valence
No I watched it on Now TV, which is a Sky streamy thing in the UK. They tend to get all the movies first over here and they sometimes offer some cheap deals over Christmas, so that's where I'm watching films at the moment. Until the contract runs out. :dry:

I haven't checked what movies are on Netflix at the moment. I remember liking Annihilation but that Bird Box thing seemed a little overhyped to me.
I think I watched Valerian on there too but that's on "normal" tv now. :shrug:

My absolute favourite thing on Netflix (and this is TV show rather than movie) is Mindhunter. That was the last thing that I really, REALLY looked forward to and I found it very hard to not keep watching when an episode finished. :)

19 Dec 2019 19:41 #27140 by Charlotte
Well, the Witcher starts tomorrow!!!! :woohoo:

Annihilation is on my to watch list. Haven't seen Valerian around... I think I've seen Mindhunter but I haven't considered watching it. Maybe I should.

I'm not too fond of Netflix's search system as it seems it only shows me the kind of stuff I've already watched and I keep having the feeling that there must be tons of content I'm not even finding... (Surely they must have other stuff than creepy stuff and christmas movies???)