May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Totally Random

15 Jan 2022 09:07 #39029 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Apparently we had visible Aurora borealis here last night. It started at about the time I went to bed. I didn't notice a thing, as usual. :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2022 12:35 #39030 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Lucky you. :dry:

They do occasionally reach down where I am, very rarely, but I've never been able to see them. :(
The light pollution here isn't that great, especially looking north, and not much of the faint stuff is visible. You're supposed to be able to see Andromeda with the naked eye but I can only just see it with some large binoculars. Thankfully I do have a better view to the south so I often like to look at Orion or the brighter planets and watch the space station when it flies over. :)
I used to love catching Iridium flares too, they were super bright, but now that the satellites have been decommissioned the orbits have decayed to the point that you can't see them any more.

15 Jan 2022 12:36 #39031 by Charlotte
:blink:
We have a Resident Space Junk Expert! :woohoo:

15 Jan 2022 12:50 #39032 by Valence
:lol:

15 Jan 2022 13:45 #39034 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

Apparently we had visible Aurora borealis here last night. It started at about the time I went to bed. I didn't notice a thing, as usual. :stare:

Probably safer not to go and look anyway. I saw this documentary once where people went out to look at a meteorite shower and they all went blind and were hunted down by killer plants.

15 Jan 2022 13:54 #39035 by Charlotte
:ohmy:

15 Jan 2022 21:52 - 15 Jan 2022 21:53 #39043 by Charlotte
I got the idea that maybe I should try to organise - or rather re-organise, since I have organised it before and then let everything become a mess again - my artsy files. But I have no idea what would be the most efficient/logical way to do it. Sometimes I want to find finished pieces or maybe the ones that weren't finished but I'd like to get back to them. And sometimes I'd prefer to just have chronological order. Today I found myself making folders named 2017, 2018, 2019...etc and then I realised it's how they used to organise files at my last job, where I found it utterly stupid and reorganised everything by subject, instead... :dry:

Any tips? How do you guys structure your files?

Edit:...and everyone's gone home for the night. Or Saturday evenings of fun. Or whatever else their lives may contain. *sigh* :(

15 Jan 2022 22:56 - 15 Jan 2022 22:57 #39044 by Valence

...and everyone's gone home for the night. Or Saturday evenings of fun. Or whatever else their lives may contain. *sigh* :(

Nope, just video games. :lol:

I just dump my files in a single folder and then back them up in another single folder.
And if this month's challenge is a good example then I also delete files that I'm still working on and then have to hope I posted a WIP here. :dry:

15 Jan 2022 23:46 #39046 by Charlotte
:dry:
But then how can you ever FIND anything?
When I updated my aywas shop, I realised I had 250 items in it. And EACH of those items have at least two and usually more files. I could never keep them all in one single place! :ohmy:

16 Jan 2022 00:10 #39050 by Valence
I guess I don't have any real need to find anything after it's been done and/or posted to whatever site I dump it on.
But if I did want to look for something then I'd just search for the incredibly memorable title that I'd given to the file. :dry:
And when that didn't work I'd just sort the folder by date and try that. In fact I think I have all my folders set to sort by date. :aha: