May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Totally Random

11 Jan 2022 15:26 #38964 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
:ohmy:
I don't think I have EVER gotten an Amazon Delivery Scam!

I had over 60 spam mails in my hotmail, apparently. When I checked. Seems Thunderbird doesn't bother telling me possible spam has arrived, for that account. They do for my main email account though, which I guess is a good thing as most of the emails from a potential employer ended up there. I do hope potential employers haven't ended up in my hotmail spam. I haven't checked that folder for years and when I did today, I promptly deleted everything.

The main spam to my main email account seems to be from the same person, who doesn't actually exist (I've checked). It concerns some sort of crypto-coin stuff.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2022 16:28 - 12 Jan 2022 16:29 #38988 by Charlotte
:shakefist: as the texteditor suddenly starts erasing text at high speed at whatever line I accidentally touch with the cursor and then stops responding. For a text I haven't saved. With stuff based on reading LOADS of material where I have to refer to the exact page and paragraph of anything I want to comment. :stare:

Edit: Apparently the Delete button was stuck... damn cat hairs. :stare: 
At least I could access the document again and undo the deletions. 

12 Jan 2022 17:19 #38989 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Poor cats. Always getting the blame. :lol:

12 Jan 2022 18:00 - 12 Jan 2022 18:01 #38992 by Charlotte
I guess it might be chocolate. Or just wear and tear. Or cat litter.
:shakefist: cats!

:heart: cats, too, though :)

12 Jan 2022 19:38 #38994 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

12 Jan 2022 20:23 #38995 by Charlotte
:whistle:

13 Jan 2022 14:15 #39008 by Charlotte
Today I have received a package (something I ordered online). It was preceded by a total of 10 messages. First two from the company I ordered from. They have packed my order, and they have delivered my order to the postal service (of course I also got one or two confirmations of the order directly when I made it, last week). Then the Swedish Postal Office gets going. They send everything both to my phone and to my email and I'm not sure where or how I can change that.... So I got two messages saying they had received an order to deliver a package. Then two messages saying they had received the actual package. Then two messages about how they expected to deliver said package soon. And finally two messages regarding it having been delivered. Plus of course one message asking me what I think of their service. So I mentioned it seemed a bit exaggerated. I would have used the words over kill except we don't really have an equivalent in Swedish.

Also in my totally random things of life, I have one of those info seminar things to attend this afternoon. I got a link via email, to a Skype session, that required no verification or clicking accept or anything, and nothing is added to my calendar. I also haven't synced my computer and phone. Yesterday I figured I'd set an alarm on my phone, before the Skype session, so I wouldn't forget the time. And there already was one. :blink:
I find that more than a little creepy (though I assume it's Skype that is somehow synced...?)

And now I probably hurt mom by saying I can't talk on the phone because I'm hoping my future employer will call, which they are taking very long to do, to be honest.... She thinks she's got omikron, it was all she had time to say before I interrupted... :dry:

13 Jan 2022 14:58 #39009 by Charlotte
I think the Skype mystery may have been resolved. I probably set an alarm last time I had one of these sessions, and it seems to just update to the next day and the next, but the alarm is set to "off" so I haven't noticed. :dumb:

13 Jan 2022 15:41 #39010 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
An alarm set to "off" is my favourite kind of alarm. :lol:
:zzz:

13 Jan 2022 16:03 - 13 Jan 2022 16:06 #39011 by Charlotte
Mine too! :woohoo:! What a coincidence!