May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Totally Random

31 Jan 2022 19:27 #39319 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
From today and onwards I could have gotten my 3rd vaccination dose in December. :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2022 23:52 #39326 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

01 Feb 2022 00:24 #39327 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Time travel jabs? :ohmy:

01 Feb 2022 02:51 #39329 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
I haven't gotten mine yet either. They started hitting me up almost daily with text after 6 months passed from my second, but guess they finally stopped sending those text when I didn't respond.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

01 Feb 2022 06:00 #39332 by Charlotte
Well, they changed the interval from 5 months to 3, right as I was approaching 5 months.
I feel like they've made it annoyingly difficult for me with the vaccinations, all the way. At first they said people in risk groups would get it early - I was in 3-4 risk groups but the clinic told me they couldn't bother with that recommendation because it was hard to tell whether someone was actually in a risk group or not - i.e. exactly where to draw the line. Then my region was like the slowest in the country in getting people vaccinated so younger people in other areas got vaccinated way before me. And then I was waiting for times to open up at the local clinic until I noticed a poorly worded message about how they didn't do vaccinations (anymore - but it sounded as if they didn't do them at the clinic, and previously it had said the same thing, because it was done at a different place in the same town....)

It still bugs me that they won't vaccinate people in my "local" clinic (the only one in this municipality). I have to go to one of the nearby cities and currently I don't really feel like the drive. But then again, yesterday I suddenly found a receipt for that electric kettle that was missing it's base, and it turns out they have a 365 day return policy, so.... maybe I could combine those two errands...

At some point in time when I have actually been allowed to sleep during the night. :stare:

01 Feb 2022 12:43 - 01 Feb 2022 12:46 #39338 by Digital Dave
Yeah, I know that feeling. Apparently pets don't like to go by human time, and don't pay any mind to when sleep time is. Especially since they do it whenever like feel the need. :) ... I get woken all hours of the night to take them out when they get the urge. Or just woken up, so they can jump into the bed. (That's mainly the little, 90 lb. pup Khaleesi) Spoiled doesn't even begin to cover it.

As to the shots, they apparently have them all over the place here. I think most CVS, Walgreens, and other drug stores do it, but most don't like having a cashier who can't help with finding anything in the store, give them a shot like this. But they do bug the hell out of you to get it here.

01 Feb 2022 12:50 #39340 by Banj

As to the shots, they apparently have them all over the place here. I think most CVS, Walgreens, and other drug stores do it, but most don't like having a cashier who can't help with finding anything in the store, give them a shot like this. But they do bug the hell out of you to get it here.

It's bad enough having an experienced trained nurse trying to find the right place to stab you in the arm. Despite it's problems I'm glad we have the NHS here.

01 Feb 2022 12:54 #39343 by Charlotte
Well, I think it's partially a population issue... I live in a place with 650 residents. We're happy to have one small grocery store here ;)

01 Feb 2022 12:57 #39344 by Digital Dave
Yep, and some of those 'trained' nurses, come across like scary newbies that just got the job as well. ... It wasn't bad when they had all the medical stations set up around my area around where I work. No one seemed to have any problems. - It wasn't until folks started getting them from local stores around them because it was convenient. Then complaints started to come in quite a bit.

01 Feb 2022 12:57 #39345 by Banj
You could get the grocery store employees to do it, I'm sure nothing could go wrong