May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Totally Random

26 Apr 2019 13:30 #24512 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Three strikes and I'm out! :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2019 18:04 #24544 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
I don't remember it taking 500 years to download and install adobe reader before? :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Apr 2019 18:09 #24545 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Do people still download that when every browser is capable of reading pdf files?

29 Apr 2019 18:31 - 29 Apr 2019 18:32 #24546 by Charlotte
Except this particular PSD from Skatteverket (Swedish Tax Authority) which I had neglected to fill in, for my new business. It also needs to be signed but Adobe won't allow me to sign it without an account and a free trial of some extra fiddlestuff.

I thought the whole point of me not being allowed to charge VAT if I was selling for peanuts was that I'd not have to pay taxes on those small sales. But apparently I do. So it's more expensive to have a small business than a large one? Also, I have to have a business for selling art but if I was selling something else, I needn't include this in my tax thingies? Or maybe I would, but nobody would know if I did or if I was honest about it.

:hmm:

29 Apr 2019 18:44 #24547 by Banj
Ah, well if you have to edit a pdf that's a different thing, I don't recall ever having to edit an existing pdf. Normally the only one's I get are invoices :hmm:

29 Apr 2019 19:12 #24548 by Charlotte
it was a fill in thing and it needs to be printed for signing. not that my printer works... so I wanted to sign with my digital pen but apparently drawing on pdfs is a no no...

there's so much I still need to understand about the finances of business...
I just read an example that basically said, if you have 10 apples worth 5 p each, that's a total value of 50p. you then sell 30 p worth of apples and after the tax deduction (reduction?) your remaining apples are worth 60p.

Sounds great, but it makes no sense...

29 Apr 2019 19:16 #24549 by Banj
You can import pdfs as an image into something like Photoshop (or GIMP) and sign it in there.

29 Apr 2019 19:50 #24550 by Charlotte
Yeah, I figured I might try that. But after reading about it some more, I'm not sure it's finished anyway... Probably is, since the equipment I use for painting is MOSTLY used for private purposes... I have to look into it some more. Maybe not so much for last year as for the future.

29 Apr 2019 20:12 #24551 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Don't worry, I'm here now to solve all your problems.

I've read through the various posts and I can say with complete confidence that I understand absolutely nothing about what has been said. :stare:

30 Apr 2019 06:42 #24553 by Charlotte
I think it's a conspiracy by the world's accountants. They're the only ones to understand anything which means the rest of us are screwed if we don't pay for their services...