April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

23 Feb 2018 08:26 #20327 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random

I'm looking forward to the Winter Olympic swimming and high diving where the pool is frozen over. Should be spectacular.

:lol: should be a right splash....er..or not...:silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2018 11:17 #20328 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
a rather bright splash. Of red.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Mar 2018 14:41 #20381 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Does anyone watch the 'portrait artist of the year', sorry its a UK programme, I've watched the last 2 episodes and it confuses me (as art usually does). They have some pro artists and some people in college, new artists etc all competing against each other.

It's interesting but the more experienced ones always seem to win, it seems pointless to let inexperience/less skilled ones compete if that's the case?

01 Mar 2018 15:09 #20382 by Charlotte
I haven't seen it. But I'm guessing the judges all "know art" or the "noobs" might stand a chance :p Sounds a bit like they want to prove that art takes more than just a bit of scribbles (a bit elitist but maybe they want to raise the status of artists... or maybe the experienced ones simply are better :P)

In Sweden they've had some sort of reality show with "artists" getting different tasks and probably with out-voting and such as usual. I hate those shows but in this case I think I watched the first episode. I can only remember one of them being decent at drawing... Currently we have one where an acclaimed swedish artist has taken a bunch of people "under his wings" to teach them to paint. Can't recall if it was unemployed people or homeless people or whatever. The artist in question is good but is currently a lot on TV "being very open and generous" about himself (basically to an embarassing degree, so I haven't watched him either).

01 Mar 2018 15:12 #20383 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Yes, it's one of my favourite tv shows. I don't know how they cope with the four hour limit and all those people peering over their shoulder. :)
I like the way they have a varied range of entries (especially when they have people doing different media like stitching or lino cut prints) and sometimes the inexperienced ones do win. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that the current series started off with a young girl winning with an awesome portrait of David Tennant.

01 Mar 2018 17:06 #20389 by Charlotte
I wonder why I keep getting stuck looking through stuff on BoredPanda? It's never as "amazing" or "funny" or whatever as they claim.

"You’ll Be Amazed By What Girls Have To Deal With Almost Every Day"
- Not really, when they choose to be on Tinder or something like that?

"25+ Epic Tweets By Women That Made The Whole Internet Laugh Out Loud"
- Besides there being nothing epic about them, why do women need their own list of cool or funny tweets? Are the good ones from women so very rare?

I should just.... stop... :dry:

01 Mar 2018 19:53 #20392 by Charlotte
I could have sworn we posted these things somewhere but I can't find it.... so if anyone's interested but missed it, there's a new update/version of ArtRage (5.06 or something)

04 Mar 2018 15:37 #20416 by Charlotte
Lois van Baarle recently created a Facebook group for more interaction between artists. I think she intends to post sketches, tips, etc. She started it thursday and there are already some 20,000 members (a little different from here, eh?) - I've applied to join, out of curiosity.

www.facebook.com/groups/351011035412946/

Figured there might be one or two other people here who might be interested :)

04 Mar 2018 16:32 #20418 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Totally Random
I've sent a request too - thanks Charlotte

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

04 Mar 2018 23:38 #20422 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
I like Loish's work. Such lovely flowing lines and beautiful, luminous colours.
I guess 20,000 other people like that kind of stuff too. :)