April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

05 Mar 2018 07:19 #20423 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
yeah. 20,000 people in like 3 days and we've had 200 members in 3 years. It's almost a little depressing :P

And in other news I'm at work about an hour earlier than usual due to a certain little hooligan attacking my toes (and hands, and knees) with much frenzy this morning. I was actually relieved when he retreated to behind the tub this morning, as he's now usually trying to be in exactly the same spot as me (since yesterday) and it makes walking a bit difficult. :silly:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2018 14:58 #20474 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Did anyone join this? I tried but it was asking for a link to my art website or whatever so I couldn't.

09 Mar 2018 15:03 #20475 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

Did anyone join this? I tried but it was asking for a link to my art website or whatever so I couldn't.

You have this site. You also have a profile on this site with a link that you can use for stuff like that.

09 Mar 2018 15:35 #20478 by Charlotte
I joined. I posted an intro post about me yesterday but they get so many posts and they're all (not the replies) moderated so it takes a while for anything to get published. they seem to have a fairly constant backlog of about 1000 posts so far though I'm guessing things will calm down once it's not brand spanking new... It's certainly racking up the fb notifications...

and what banj said ;)

09 Mar 2018 21:12 #20482 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
As with most facebook pages, all I get is the "sign up to facebook" screen.
*politely declines and clicks the back button*

I really do hate sites that demand you sign up to see content. Pinterest is just as bad.

09 Mar 2018 22:35 #20483 by Charlotte
well I think in this case it's set to be a private group - one you need to apply to join. When it comes to regular users I think they can choose to make their pages public or friends online (if public, I don't think you need to be logged in, but I could be wrong).

And I hate pinterest so much I've started to do google searched "-pinterest" (all the while thinking maybe I should sign up...)

10 Mar 2018 18:27 #20486 by Valence

...all the while thinking maybe I should sign up...

Don't do it! They're evil. :)

Pinterest's recent infiltration of google images is indeed infuriating. But Google Images as a whole has been getting worse and worse over the past year or so. For me, at least. Every new feature that's added or removed seems to have detrimental effects on obsolete Android browsers.
Bing isn't any better either. I've started going back to DuckDuckGo occasionally. It's not quite the same but at least it doesn't crash on me. :lol:

10 Mar 2018 18:36 #20487 by Charlotte
:blink: duckduckgo? is there such a thing or is that a joke...?

I've just watched cinderella (latest one). Tried to make the cat join me, but noooo. Now I'd like to do stuff on my puter and guess who's snuggled up in my arm(s and on tablet)?

10 Mar 2018 19:07 #20488 by Valence
DuckDuckGo is pretty good, especially if you don't like google collecting your data. I used to use it a lot but I do wish its image search was better, even more so now that all the others are getting worse.

Don't think I've seen that Cinderella, although I'm sure it has been on TV here too. Any good? (With or without cat.)

I'm going through a bit of a Star Wars binge at the moment before the DVD release of the newest one. Last night I watched A New Hope and played along by reciting all the familiar lines along with the occasional lyrics from "Bushes of Love". :lol:
So tonight it'll be "I ... am your father." :)

10 Mar 2018 20:15 #20489 by Charlotte
well, considering the number of actors I recognised I guess I'd have expected more. There was a bit of humour with Helena Bonham Carter as the fairy godmother, but that was about it for humour.... and why did she have fake teeth? (If she needed them, couldn't they have found something more natural looking?)

Much as I like old fairy tales (child hood nostalgia I guess) I find it rather silly with the whole love at first sight idea. And Cinderella herself didn't really seem like a "real character" at all. Nor very clever. So... Not sure what I thought, but I guess I'd have wanted it to be either more of a story or more humour. It ended up just being a bit too little of everything... except Cinderella's smiles. Lots of those. She smiled at pretty much everything (except when she threw herself dramatically to the ground in dispair), just being childishly naive and I guess it's a female "ideal" I don't quite care for :p