May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN July 2014 Challenge - The Big Ad Job - WIPs

10 Jul 2014 15:52 #1652 by microscopi
Stuart you should do all your initial stuff in greyscale and make sure the values are strong, it wouldn't matter much then what color it is, I admire your tenacity !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2014 15:55 #1654 by Stuart
Thanks. I struggle to do that as I haven't got a convincing way of getting it non-muddy. I'll keep trying now and again though.

10 Jul 2014 20:14 - 10 Jul 2014 20:21 #1700 by hansnomad
Just a mock up of the banner I started working on to see what it looked like in the header (no colors yet). Didn't change any of the text at the moment since I'm just trying to see how the image would read (it is all on a transparent background). Although there is more "real estate" on the forum page banner, not sure if extending art elements beyond the graphic provided as a template is a good idea.
Attachments:

10 Jul 2014 21:58 #1749 by Stuart
Interesting look. Just watch the construction though, the writing's a bit close to her head, so it feels claustrophobic. :)

11 Jul 2014 02:10 #1814 by microscopi
Cool design Hans, I like the direction you're going.

11 Jul 2014 08:36 #1868 by Charlotte
I think everyone's entries are looking very fun and promising. Just a reminder though - don't let yourselves be limited by the current banner size or colours. This contest isn't for the real deal, remember? It would be great and we hope to have challenges about the real banner in future but that would require us to set up some more strict parameters to follow regarding proportions and size etc. The current challenge is hypothetical and gives you room to choose advert format.

Just thought I'd remind everyone :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Jul 2014 09:50 #1880 by Domtopia
That's why I thought a badge format would be fun!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

11 Jul 2014 10:46 #1886 by Charlotte
That's the idea Dom! :) I love yours btw, it reminds me a bit of Art Nouveau type advertisements

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domtopia

11 Jul 2014 13:10 #1947 by hansnomad
The restriction on my part on size, etc. was self-imposed. Just wanted to see if I remembered how to work for web use since the requirements are so different with size, resolution, etc. I'll probably blow my resolution up to a much larger size before I do anything else, but I may still keep the dimensions/ratio as a guide.

11 Jul 2014 13:24 #1951 by Domtopia
Just blocked in some colours and added some lighting to background to give the appropriate mood.

Or upside down if you prefer!

P.S. Painting green skin is hard!!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!
Attachments: