April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2014 Challenge - The Big Ad Job - WIPs

08 Jul 2014 07:24 #1019 by CherryGraphics
Good start dom! the girls face reminds me a bit of your illustration of the fairytale challenge :)

microscopi nice start - good perspective :)

claude - i liked the sketch look but now it also looking really painterly.... so keep it up! :)

Hopefully I can draw today a bit more on my ad for this challenge... ^^

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2014 09:17 #1057 by Stuart
Ooooooooooooooo, interesting. Will DEFINITELY try to get in on this.

08 Jul 2014 16:38 - 08 Jul 2014 17:00 #1139 by CherryGraphics
Okaaaay I've started my banner for this challenge.... It's nothing more than a sketch but hey... I'll have a few more days to work on it. It will be something colorful. Yes. For those who can't see it yet ^^ the woman is a herald, bringing the news of the new forum. :silly:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

08 Jul 2014 18:59 #1173 by ClaudeCrow
Thanks for the comments guys, after working on it that bit more I think I'm beginning to see some potential. Still a way to go yet though.

Dom that's a really nice layout you've got there, it'll be interesting to see how it looks when you've blocked it all in.

Cherry, that's a nice little layout you have and the fairies are really good. I'd suggest that perhaps the woman should be holding the other end of the scroll, unless the creature has a fancy grabby tail, I'd of thought something should be holding the other side of it to account for the fairies on the right.

Attachments:

09 Jul 2014 05:28 - 09 Jul 2014 05:30 #1213 by microscopi
That's looking awesome Claude ! Cherry great start, look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the comments on mine too and your understanding while I go through this 'identity' crisis :blink: , Haven't had time to work more on mine, got asked to do a record label logo, but i'm almost finished and will post an update soon, (not of the logo the pic, unless you want to see that too !)

09 Jul 2014 12:57 #1277 by RebeccaWeaver
Claude, that's looking awesome! Some cool looking entries so far. :D

Got started on mine as well.

Attachments:

09 Jul 2014 13:30 - 09 Jul 2014 13:32 #1300 by Stuart
Nice work, some comments:

Rebecca - Difficult to see where yours is headed, but it seems to be lacking a bit of something to focus on.
Claude - Looking good, but I feel it's too blue. To me it needs something a bit more enthusiastic and exciting in there.
Cherry - Good idea, but I don't like that font much (it's fine as a font, but doesn't fit in with your image IMO) and of course the white is difficult to see at present.
Dom - Nice. Is that a snake at the bottom?

10 Jul 2014 02:19 - 10 Jul 2014 02:23 #1449 by microscopi
Got a little time to work on mine again tonight, it's rough right now slowing plugging along, looking great everyone, really liking the new updates :cheer:

Attachments:

10 Jul 2014 04:44 #1455 by CherryGraphics
Thanks stuart :) I know the font and the color are just the original png from here. Its just a place holder so far. ^^

Facebook / Behance

10 Jul 2014 06:49 #1460 by Stuart
Cool, just checking.

Microscopi, is that an altar on the right-hand side? It looks to me like either an altar with 4 nymphs/priestesses there, or a cave with two adventurers outside.

Surprised at how blue everyone's entries are so far.