April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2014 Challenge - The Big Ad Job - WIPs

10 Jul 2014 07:28 #1469 by ClaudeCrow
I think it's because people have been trying to match the official title but I'm not sure that it might not be better to go with something different that can be tied in with the image better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2014 07:36 #1470 by Stuart
I think so too. Blue is stayed and calm to me, so it's a bit hard for me to get too excited and it's calming!

10 Jul 2014 09:20 #1500 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Jul 2014 11:25 - 10 Jul 2014 11:25 #1547 by Digital Dave

I like blue :cheer:

Better than being Blue. :) Unless you were in Avatar

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

10 Jul 2014 12:13 #1570 by Jaded Arts
LOL, like the challage.... very appropreate for the new and improved, might go in for this one, don't know yet, alot on my 16inch dinner plate :)

10 Jul 2014 12:23 #1577 by Stuart
I like blue too, don't get me wrong. Just feel it's not that enthusing in an advert psychologically.

10 Jul 2014 13:01 - 10 Jul 2014 13:10 #1606 by microscopi
I don't know about all this blue talk, looking through the entries I see more green&brown then blue...

But it doesn't matter what color it is, it's the subject matter that really counts, i've seen some amazing stuff all pink ! And I hate pink lol

Stuart the structure on the right of mine is supposed to be a temple, I just put color dabs down to see what I can see out of it, it's cool that you saw all that.

10 Jul 2014 13:10 #1615 by Stuart
Nice, I like it then. :D

Also, the browns I'm seeing seem to have a cool, bluish tinge to them, rather than warmness. That's why I say about the blue. Is that so or is it just my colour-blindness making me look stupid again! :lol:

10 Jul 2014 13:15 #1620 by microscopi
Color blind ! :woohoo: That could produce some cool results hehe

I think you notice the blue because of the blue paint mark on the logo, that kind of stuck in my head too when I started my design.

10 Jul 2014 13:31 #1629 by Stuart
Aye, I thought you guys all knew, I seem to recall posting it on the old forums. I'm pretty severely colourblind, not just red and green, but also have trouble with blue and purple, and blue and some greens. :/ Most of my paining is done on knowledge of what SHOULD be there, rather than actual observation, as I can't actually pick the real colours by looking at them.