April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Zodiac Challenge - Leo - WIPs

11 Jul 2015 15:23 #11730 by microscopi
Hahaha wow that's some hate on for comic sans, ban the font !

Isn't comic sans great for making comics though, I thought that's why the font was invented.

As for my Logo, I think Cherry said font but she means the vines, we both have vegetation in our logos, but Cherry, yours is Gold, mines going to be Green, so we can both inspire each other :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jul 2015 15:54 - 11 Jul 2015 15:56 #11731 by Susie1981

Hi Gang, thought I might stick my oar in to. Attached is a photo of my sketch as away this weekend. I know the shape of the head isn't right yet but it's starting to get there.

Great start Cherry, I do like your colours. Micro, looks like it's going to be epic ☺
Attachments:

11 Jul 2015 21:09 #11732 by Valence
Cherry: Tease! :evil:

Micro: I agree with Susie. There's an epic quality to that composition.

Susie: That's a scary and imposing face. I can almost hear that ROOOAAAR! :)

May as well throw in a sketch too...

....cribbed together from two obvious references (ie first page of a Google search!) Not sure how far I can take it while doing the other challenge too (sadly not as quick as Cherry) but if I do I'd like it to be a bluish night scene with the Leo constellation in the sky.
Attachments:

11 Jul 2015 21:11 - 11 Jul 2015 21:22 #11733 by microscopi
Looks great Susie, very detailed lots of definition. WIl look great when you put some color on it etc.:woohoo: What do you usually use to draw with? Val, I really like your idea so far, that's a very great direction to start in nice!

Im trying to get an idea with mine so its just shapes and colors but I like the lion so far!

Attachments:

11 Jul 2015 22:38 #11736 by Susie1981
Thanks Micro - I normally draw with my good old 6b and a fine liner, but depends on where I am ... carry a bundle of pens and pencils in my hand bag in case I get bored. Lol

12 Jul 2015 00:56 #11737 by hobbyhorse
Great start Susie
Micro- this a very heroic image but maybe zoom in a bit on the subject.
Valence - also love your start, look forward to seeing it colored.
Cherry- I would get some reference of a sitting lion or cat because his back leg looks a bit boneless at the moment. Like the coloring and fur.

12 Jul 2015 01:59 - 12 Jul 2015 02:05 #11740 by microscopi
I heard you should draw with pen, or marker so you learn to be confident with your lines. Although, for me it's intimidating and I like being able to erase especially if I like something but I screwed it up, I go back on designs a lot.

Thanks Hobby, wanted to show a sense of scale, but it could be zoomed in more, I think it's looking better now, need to work on the background perspective matching the foreground.

Attachments:

12 Jul 2015 02:07 #11741 by hobbyhorse
liking this better, still heroic but i don't have to get out my magnifying glasses to see leo. ;)

15 Jul 2015 00:17 #11757 by microscopi
I decided to do a 180 and change up my idea, I was trying to avoid painting a lion up close and going for dramatic environment, but Leo demands more attention. After all that help too :P

Attachments:

15 Jul 2015 00:33 #11759 by microscopi
Adding some color, round 2 B)

Attachments: