April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Zodiac Challenge - Leo - WIPs

08 Jul 2015 05:51 #11694 by CherryGraphics
Thanks micro! :)

Inspired from me? That's good. :P Inspiration is always important. I was also inspired by Pocahontas like you'll see next time :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2015 11:53 #11698 by Valence
I like the lovely flowing mane and the golden glow of the coat.
The right side legs have a bit of a lean to them so make sure you flip the image to check for any skew then you can give him the bold stability that his expression deserves.

09 Jul 2015 11:22 - 09 Jul 2015 11:29 #11704 by CherryGraphics
Thanks Val :)

I guess... I'm done. :ohmy: BUt because it is just the ninth of july I'm not sure if I really want to show the whole picture now... mmmh... maybe just a detail. :D

I also thought about frames to connect all zodiac with and just a detail is always something else. So there's a dandelion for LEO. I already think about a nice flower for VIRGO. :lol:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

10 Jul 2015 01:02 - 10 Jul 2015 01:10 #11716 by microscopi
Well you have officially competition now Cherry, although from what you're allowing to be revealed looks great so far B)
The lions fur is soft and bright really looks really shinny and so is the the LEO logo, you did a great job making it look like gold, that's not easy to do! The green background goes well with the lions, makes him definitely pop out more, looking forward to your next reveal :P

Anybody else waiting for your big reveal ?? :?

Attachments:

10 Jul 2015 05:50 #11717 by CherryGraphics
thanks a lot micro my dear. :D I'm glad you're a part of this challenge now :)

that's a great first sketch so far :) but... hey.... did you steal my font? :D it looks like we used the same :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Facebook / Behance

10 Jul 2015 11:11 #11720 by microscopi
Not steal Cherry, inspired B) Ok, I get it, i'll switch up my text lol :P

10 Jul 2015 11:15 #11721 by Banj
But they are completely different fonts :huh:

10 Jul 2015 12:01 #11722 by CherryGraphics
it looked like it xD I had a little overpaint on my font so it seems a bit diffent.. :lol:
nope let the font there - It was just a thought :lol:

Facebook / Behance

10 Jul 2015 23:34 #11726 by Valence
I'm not very good at telling different fonts apart either. Just give me boring old Times New Roman and I'm happy! (Although I used to have a liking for Helvetica.)

And just to prove that I know nothing about typefaces I shall now confess the ultimate taboo: I don't understand why everyone hates Comic Sans. It looks fine to me. There, I've said it, don't judge me too harshly. :)

11 Jul 2015 12:13 #11728 by Banj

I'm not very good at telling different fonts apart either. Just give me boring old Times New Roman and I'm happy! (Although I used to have a liking for Helvetica.)

And just to prove that I know nothing about typefaces I shall now confess the ultimate taboo: I don't understand why everyone hates Comic Sans. It looks fine to me. There, I've said it, don't judge me too harshly. :)

kadavy.net/blog/posts/why-you-hate-comic-sans/