April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Oct 2014 Challenge - Dead of Night - WIPs

07 Oct 2014 21:42 #6535 by kazky
Ooh I love that Kodabble!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2014 05:34 - 08 Oct 2014 11:12 #6537 by CherryGraphics
Valence: thanks :) Yes I think I always fall through the cracks... There was a "battle"challenge a few months ago and the most painted something strong, or bloody, ... and I was fighting against gummy bears. xD

micro: thanks a lot :) so where is your red, mh? I'm waiting! ;)

Linasue: I like it so far - the cute dress of the girl fits in this scene, it emphasizes the dark and scary scene :) but I agree with kodabble you should darken it all up. You have to think about where comes your light from (what is your light source) and what should be bright and what should be dark. :)

Haha Kodabble I LOVE the addams family :D great picture - but I've never seen this scene.
will the blood moon picture be your challenge picture or is it really just for fun? ^^

For myself ... Attention please - cuteness overload. :D Here come the voodoo dolls. <3 :D (Yes I really have fun with this picture)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linasue

08 Oct 2014 18:27 #6544 by Charlotte
:blink: I'm sure there were only three voodoo dolls last time I saw that image!
Just one thought Cherry - I like how you painted the straw but it's currently brightest in the places where it's NOT reached by light from either inside the pumpkin or the fire. Perhaps it's explained by something I'm not seeing yet, but it seems to be there'd be a shadow below the pumpkin head and on the upper parts of the "hands".

micro: of course I'm having fun :woohoo:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Oct 2014 03:49 #6548 by microscopi
Here's mine with some color, I decided to make a cottage instead of a car. Is this enough blood... I mean red Cherry?

Attachments:

09 Oct 2014 05:22 #6549 by CherryGraphics
Charlotte, yes there WERE only 3 dolls.. the bad baby appeared mysteriously .. I really don't know where it came from... :D spooohooohoohoooky. :blink:
Well ... I think my thought was to give the straw some general colors, bright and dark. So it isn't a light source which illuminates the straw... but I will add some more lights and shadows at the end to fix my faults. :)

Yes micro I think its enough blood... red ... red bloooooood ... ehm. :silly: And I really like your change from car to house. A car can drive away from danger... when you're captured in a house ... you can't. creepy stuff. :ohmy:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

09 Oct 2014 15:41 #6551 by SchizophreniaWolf
I feel like doing something typical concept-artie but over the top evil and horrific. I got a picture of a horseman and an undead army of some sort in my mind. But I'm still looking for some elements that should make it a bit unusual. I love horror, but I also very critical about it.

Here's my first wip, I left my reference for the horseman in the picture, could be interesting.

Attachments:

10 Oct 2014 00:06 #6552 by microscopi
Schizo, that is looking awesome ! Zombies are so cool.

Cherry. you should add more shadow to the dolls almost so the flame makes their faces highlighted like when you use a flashlight upside down on your face. It would be so cute and creepy at the same time.

10 Oct 2014 18:30 #6556 by Valence
Schizo: That's a fantastic start. Really dynamic and exciting to look at, especially with the rearing horse. Great stuff.

Microscopi: The scare is definitely not going away with that one. Be careful about leaving it too dark on that left hand side, it'd be a shame to lose the form of the landscape in that shadow.

Cherry: Although everything does look very bright at this stage, it is all exaggerated by not having a background yet. Once that is done the picture will have a unified context and the lighting scheme will make a lot more sense then.

11 Oct 2014 17:54 #6582 by microscopi
Here's my latest update, tried to clean up the left side Valence.

Attachments:

11 Oct 2014 20:42 - 11 Oct 2014 20:44 #6590 by octoberstormxx
Great work so far!